Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Hypothetical question about MacBook

Hypothetical question about MacBook
callefoss
Sep 10, 2006, 03:53 AM

Hello,

I just ordered a new MB 1.83 slightly modified from the Apple website in Sweden. It is supposed to be delivered latest by the end of the month.

Now, in case Apple upgrades the MB's on the 12th (which they may or may not do) would Apple automatically give me the upgraded one or they would still ship the one I specifically ordered?

The reason why I am asking is because It seems pretty stupid to me in this case since if they ship the one I specifically ordred, which is then about two weeks after they announced the new one, I would simply return the one I received and re-order the new one, resulting in more shipping cost for Apple.

Does anybody know what Apples policy is in these cases? Maybe it is stated somewhere on Apples website but I did not see anything.

Thanks
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz, 1.5GB RAM & MacBook 1.83, 1.25GB RAM
OS X 10.5.2
www.blurimage.com

Dillon-K
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2006, 05:59 AM

I honestly don't think anyone can answer that... all we can do is predict... and my prediction is that there won't be a new MacBook or a revised MacBook on 9/12... it's just too soon! The MacBook's only came out in May! while the MacBook Pro may or may not get a CPU upgrade, I doubt the MacBook will have any changes whatsoever.
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Core Duo, 1GB RAM.
Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse, Brenthaven Metro (black).

Forum Links
Forum Rules