Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Accidently Deleted .Mac Mail Sent Folder!

Accidently Deleted .Mac Mail Sent Folder!
cold aspiration
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2007, 02:53 AM

Hey guys,

So during my upgrade to Leopard, I was spending a lot of time reorganizing Mail with all three of my accounts, one of them being my .Mac mail account. I was trying to get all my sent mail organized but I accidently dropped my comcast sent mail into my .Mac sent mail. Well I knew I have a external hard drive backup of my entire Hard drive right before I installed Leopard (clean install). So I just deleted my .Mac sent mail thinking I can reimport it like all my other mailboxes. Well it appears I can't do that!!

Mail app doesn't recognize it as a "Mac Mail file" when I try to import it like normal. So I assume that since I deleted my .Mac sent mail, it is simply just gone. But I went into my external and I can browse my .Mac sent mail mailbox and all of my messages that I sent are still there! I got to Library => Mail => Mac-cold.aspiration (my .Mac)=> Sent Messages.imapmbox => messages => all my hundreds of of emails still saved as .emlx files.

I tried copying this mailbox with all my emails (on my external) and replacing the current one in Leopard. However, even though all the emails still there, they won't show up in Mail. Whats going on? How do I get these emails back to show up since I physically still have them?

Thanks a lot for reading and any suggestions!! I really need my sent mail ...

Forum Links
Forum Rules