Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > iCal like info panel

iCal like info panel
zerografix
Jul 7, 2008, 09:01 AM

Any chance that the iCal like info panel will be placed back into a minor update, I think it looks much better and takes up less screen real estate, than what is in this current version.

anyrandomthing
Jul 7, 2008, 11:37 AM

apparently the apple interface guidelines are more important than creating attractive, customer-pleasing applications. so, as much as everyone would love that change (presumably), it'll never come to fruition.

not in our lifetime, at least.

Thann
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2008, 11:39 PM

But iCal does it.

I've stuck with v1.x because the info at the bottom is no good for me

Gord Lacey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2008, 10:26 AM

I think this must be the most requested change to the app, and I'd like to see return as well. I understand why the change was made, I just don't think it works with the data DL is displaying. There's too much vertical info to have it fit at the bottom, unless you devote half your screen to displaying the info, and half to the covers/shelves, and no one wants to do that. The right bar allowed us to display all the info without taking away from the pretty covers/shelves.

Gord

Zoe Smith
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2008, 07:50 AM

Wil has made a comment on this at the get satisfaction boards..

"I've certainly gotten a lot of feedback that people don't like the current layout. It was an experiment.

I can't promise if or when we'll bring back the other view (it's not trivial redoing a user interface), but I've certainly heard you. "

Forum Links
Forum Rules