Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Cleaning Powerbook Screens?

Cleaning Powerbook Screens?
Macka
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2003, 02:14 AM

Hi all,
I've seen a few comments about ways to prevent screens getting dirty, but does anyone have suggestions for the best ways to clean powerbook screens from marks that won't wipe off with the normal dry cloth. I use one designed for computer screens that's great for getting the dust off, but not much else. The marks are starting to build up on my screen.

Ti Powerbook, 1Ghz model, 15" screen.

Thanks

PeterKG
Senior User
Feb 6, 2003, 02:48 AM

http://klearscreen.com/

Originally posted by Macka:
Hi all,
I've seen a few comments about ways to prevent screens getting dirty, but does anyone have suggestions for the best ways to clean powerbook screens from marks that won't wipe off with the normal dry cloth. I use one designed for computer screens that's great for getting the dust off, but not much else. The marks are starting to build up on my screen.

Thanks

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2003, 03:06 AM

Water and soft cloth.

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2003, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by Macka:
Hi all,

Thanks
I bought Klearscreen (at an Apple store) and it really does the job. I also clean the case with it.
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 6, 2003, 12:23 PM

Another great thing to use is Quartet Clean Erase markerboard cleaner. I have no idea what's in it (NOT ammonia though so don't worry) but man, does it do the TRICK. Cleans the screen, cases, etc perfectly.

In fact, you can ALSO use it to get sticker residue off of ANYTHING. Seriously. Forget using like, Oops! or thinner or anything like that - if you cna find THIS stuff, just spray it on, let it soak in, and sticky anything comes right off.

Its a bit hard to find - make SURE it's that exact product name! comes in 8 fl. oz spray bottles, made by Quartet, called Clean Erase, part #920070. Greeat stuff!
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2003, 01:00 PM

If your screen marks are fresh, a wet cloth will get them off. You may have to be somewhat aggressive (although be careful, because you don't want to damage your LCD).

As mentioned above, just don't use alcohol or ammonia or anything based with either of those two. Just plain water ONLY.

Forum Links
Forum Rules