Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Diablo2 Hardcore Classic Ladder

Diablo2 Hardcore Classic Ladder
mr. burns
Senior User
Nov 16, 2004, 11:57 PM

Who plays? i've had the game since the days of version 1.07 but i've only been playing on the 1.10 west ladder this season since the summer and have become quite addicted, but rich ;]
my highest lvl char is an 86 Hammerdin. i think he's in the top 50 but i don't really pay too close attention. it's just fun because i know a lot of people in the community so i'm never really alone. i'm always lookin for more people to play with and the more mac users, the better. we gotta show these PC users how to play the game without maphack and chicken.

if you play diablo2 on another realm, or if you play expack, or if you play softcore, or if you play non ladder... come to hardcore classic ladder and give it a shot.

ps - i'd being playing WoW if my computer ddidn't suck..

not all who wander are lost.

Jansar
Professional Poster
Nov 17, 2004, 08:36 PM

That's so cool Diablo 2 is still played. If you have read the Lounge recently you'll see that I have dedicated a lot of time on a PC to Final Fantasy:XI.

I used to play Diablo 2 on USWest constantly a few years ao when I has in high school. My barbarian, amazon, necromancer, and sorceress, were all level 99, and I typically heped out new friends by "powerleveling" them my getting them to the cow level and having them run around ther without dying while i slayed the cows. Man what a fun game that was! Unfortunatly I had been inactive for a while, and given battle.net is free, my account was gone.

If I wasn't playing so much Final Fantsay, I may be joining you on D2. Best of luck!
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2004, 09:28 PM

I still play D2, but as an expansion ladder
Mr. CaN

Turnpike
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2004, 09:28 PM

I don't know why I'd play Classic over XPac... I get a new act (4.375 acts compared to 3.375 in the original by waypoints, 4.5 compared to 3.5 by quests) and two new classes to add more variety. Plus runes, charms, et cetera.

I also play on West Ladder... when I'm not playing WoW. But I don't play Classic.

mr. burns  (op)
Senior User
Nov 20, 2004, 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Turnpike:
I don't know why I'd play Classic over XPac... I get a new act (4.375 acts compared to 3.375 in the original by waypoints, 4.5 compared to 3.5 by quests) and two new classes to add more variety. Plus runes, charms, et cetera.

I also play on West Ladder... when I'm not playing WoW. But I don't play Classic.
expack made the game rediculous and far too easy. the lack of charms and jewels and runes forces you to build a good, focused character otherwise you can't kill anything in hell. more of a challenge, yes, but i like challenges. classic has some different rules and some character skills in classic work differently/more effectively, like the barbarian whirlwind for example. sure expack has more 'stuff' but it's the gameplay of classic and the group of people i play with that make it more fun. there are people that come over to hardcore classic from expack and have no idea what they're doing even though they have level 90s on expack.

just give it a shot?

not all who wander are lost.

Turnpike
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2004, 12:57 AM

Originally posted by mr. burns:
expack made the game rediculous and far too easy. the lack of charms and jewels and runes forces you to build a good, focused character otherwise you can't kill anything in hell. more of a challenge, yes, but i like challenges. classic has some different rules and some character skills in classic work differently/more effectively, like the barbarian whirlwind for example. sure expack has more 'stuff' but it's the gameplay of classic and the group of people i play with that make it more fun. there are people that come over to hardcore classic from expack and have no idea what they're doing even though they have level 90s on expack.

just give it a shot?

ahhh... well since I don't trade/mf, killing in hell is enough of a challenge for me. That is, unless I play an �ber build like hammerdin or something... but if I try something more fun and different, I have a great enough challenge. I may have charms and jewels, but none of them are worth much. Most of my gear is socketed with gems, because that's all I ever find

Bookie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2004, 11:45 AM

Unfortunately, all my best characters are locked up in single player - a level 50 sorcoress who is about halfway through Nightmare, a level 40 Druid just starting nightmare, and a level 35 Palladin almost through Normal. My best b-net guy is only about level 25, in Act 3, Dr. Wolfenstein, the werewolf Druid. WoW stress tests and open betas distracted me from Diablo 2, so the urge to play/addiction isn't so strong any more.
Don't blame me - I voted Democrat

Forum Links
Forum Rules