Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Quicken 2002 Deluxe help

Quicken 2002 Deluxe help
mozart11
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 12:10 PM

When I download from my banking site for Quicken, it comes in as export.qfx. I don't even get a chance to rename the download, it just downloads straight away. But Quicken won't import the download or even see this file. When I go to the file menu in Quicken and select import file, the option is qif file. If I change the qfx to qif on the download, Quicken then gives me a dialog box telling me it's an invalid file. Do I need to update to Quicken 2003? It's amazing. I've tried for an hour trying to get this. My bank site doesn't know why either. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mac OS 10.2.4
No Classic
Titanium PowerBook

lexhair
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2003, 11:39 AM

You shouldn't need to update to Q2003. I download qfx files ok with Q2002. Here's a couple of ideas for you:
  • Make sure you're running Quicken 2002 R3. Updates are available from Intuit if you're not up to date.
  • Make sure the Quicken account you are downloading is set to 'Enable online access'. Check your user's guide if you're not sure how to do this. Configuring this will require some information from your financial institution.
  • Check your default web browser to make sure Quicken is the default helper application for qfx files.
  • Try to use Quicken's download feature to update your account. I've had better luck with qfx files opening if Quicken is already running.

QFX and QIF files are not the same which is why you have a problem when you attempt to rename the file. QIF files are text files and must be manually imported using Quicken. QFX files are supposed to make this a 'smart' process by avoiding the 'import' step.

Post back if you are still having problems. Good luck.

Forum Links
Forum Rules