Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > AOC releases borderless 27-inch IPS monitor

AOC releases borderless 27-inch IPS monitor
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Oct 2, 2012, 11:02 AM

AOC announced today the retail availability of the i2757fh, a new 27-inch IPS display with a bezel only 0.08 inches thick. The new display is said to be designed according to high environmental standards, containing mercury-free panels and arsenic-free glass. A winner of the iF Product Design Award, the i2757fh also features three different modes of viewing -- as a baseless photo frame, a standard function stand, and as a height-adjustable display.

The i2757fh outputs at a Full HD resolution of 1920x1080 with a 50,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and 16.7 million colors supported. Its anti-glare IPS panel allows for wide viewing angle, and the display features five optimized display settings for text, Internet, games, movies, and sports. The i2757fh has a detachable stand, and the monitor can be arranged in three settings to suit a user's desires. It also features Screen+ software that can divide the screen into four self-contained work areas for improved productivity. It has an Off Timer that shuts down the monitor automatically if desired, and it is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. The AOC 27-inch i2757fh is available now for a suggested price of $349. Customers can also buy the i2757fh at Bestbuy.com and that retailer's top 250 stores for a special price of $300.

miawj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2012, 03:45 AM

Eh? 27" but a resolution of 1920x1080! What is the point of that? Why does it matter it is compatible with Macintosh and Windows computers - all that counts is if it is compatible with broadcast boxes. "It also features Screen+ software [...] for improved productivity." - that is very funny.

I don't know what is more insane - 1366x768 15" laptops or pointlessness like this. Hey ho. The market will prove I am wrong. Doesn't mean I am wrong.

Forum Links
Forum Rules