Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > FedEx tracking information questions.(I am consoled for the moment)

FedEx tracking information questions.(I am consoled for the moment)
Macintosh
Banned
Apr 20, 2002, 02:39 PM

I ordered the new iMac and it was shipped on the 18th and there has not been any tracking information updates since then...All I know is that it left from Sacramento CA on the 18th...est delivery date is 4-25...most likely 4-23...

Does FEDEX update tracking info that much?

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]

Shaktai
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2002, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by Macintosh:
<STRONG>I ordered the new iMac and it was shipped on the 18th and there has not been any tracking information updates since then...All I know is that it left from Sacramento CA on the 18th...est delivery date is 4-25...most likely 4-23...

Does FEDEX update tracking info that much? </STRONG>
It depends on the deliver method. Usually a package is scanned each leg of the trip where it is offloaded or loaded. It sounds as though it is traveling FEDEX ground if it is going to take that long. Depending on where you are in relationship to California, will impact how long before it is updated, which should be when it is offloaded from whatever truck it is on.

robby818
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 20, 2002, 03:57 PM

When i ordered my imac from Apple I used fedex's website to figure out the arrival time. BTW I opted for the free shipping option. It seemed like fedex updated wi 1-4 hours after a package arrived at a new destination.

I "saw" my imac travel from taiwan to alaska to ohio and finally pittsburgh,pa all within a matter of 72 hours or so. The best part was seeing the "on truck for delivery" message at 7:30 in the morning and then the fedex truck was at my door at 9:45 am. Fedex is a pretty cool company, they are so on the ball.

Did you order from Apple or a retailer? If you ordered from Apple and your imac is coming from a US location then it was prob "really" shipped ground and might take a bit longer so the est. dates are prob accurate.

It's funny bec one month ago I ordered a powermac 733 from apple. It was shipped from Sacramento, like your computer, but for some reason even though I specified ground shipping Apple sent it next day fedex. Not sure why Apple does this but it's nice when it happens.

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 20, 2002, 05:38 PM

Departed FedEx sort facility/SACRAMENTO CA 04/19/2002�07:11

Scanned at FedEx sort facility/SACRAMENTO CA 04/19/2002�02:49

Package information transmitted to FedEx 04/18/2002�21:16

Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up/SACRAMENTO-LOCAL CA

What exactly does this all mean? The last part I mean.

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 20, 2002, 05:57 PM

Nothing to worry about. Mine did the exact same thing. The 16th it said my New iMac shipped on Apple's Order Status and then it went through all of that, and finally it updated to another location on the 19th, then now it says it left that place on the 20th. And the place it left last night is an hour away from where I live, and it hasn't come today. So mine should come Monday. Just takes a little while, not sure why it takes so long but it does. Anyways it should update soon. I can't wait until Monday. Mine should come then

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 20, 2002, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the information please post here when you get it...ands you think my stsus should be updated soon?

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 20, 2002, 06:24 PM

<STRONG>Thanks for the information please post here when you get it...ands you think my stsus should be updated soon?</STRONG>
It should be. Here I will post my status:

Departed FedEx sort facility/NASHVILLE TN 04/20/2002 00:28
Scanned at FedEx sort facility/NASHVILLE TN 04/19/2002 15:50
Arrived at FedEx sort facility/NASHVILLE TN 04/19/2002 14:27
Departed FedEx sort facility/SACRAMENTO CA 04/17/2002 10:05
Scanned at FedEx sort facility/SACRAMENTO CA 04/17/2002 00:45
Package information transmitted to FedEx 04/16/2002 20:30
Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up/SACRAMENTO-LOCAL CA 04/16/2002 00:00

From that it may be possible to take the first date 4/16/2002 and then say if your date was 4/17/2002 it should be there Tuesday, if it started with 4/18/2002 it should be there by Wednesday. But I can't confirm this, just a guess. If I get mine Monday then you would think that would be the course it would take. But you never know. I will be sure to post when I get it

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 20, 2002, 07:25 PM

Cool, thanks! I was thinking that the iMac would get here on Tuesday or Wednesday...I hope...I will also post pics and a movie wehn I get mine...hope yours come soon as well.

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 20, 2002, 09:29 PM

I havent been updated for over a day now? WTF is up?

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 20, 2002, 10:18 PM

I wonder if there are no updates because the FEDEX web peopel are off on weekends? Hopefully monday morning I will get an update.

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 20, 2002, 11:44 PM

<STRONG>I wonder if there are no updates because the FEDEX web peopel are off on weekends? Hopefully monday morning I will get an update.</STRONG>
You should. FedEx won't do anything on Sunday. They say they do things on Saturday, but I'm starting to think they don't

[ 04-20-2002: Message edited by: foneroot ]

Shaktai
Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2002, 03:31 AM

Originally posted by foneroot:
<STRONG>

You should. FedEx won't do anything on Sunday. They say they do things on Saturday, but I'm starting to think they don't

[ 04-20-2002: Message edited by: foneroot ]</STRONG>
They do work on weekends but only on Overnight or priority deliveries mostly. Your shipment is probably on a truck on that is either in transit or is waiting to be offloaded on Monday. It won't be scanned again until it is offloaded. It usually only takes an hour or two (sometimes less) after scanning for the website to be updated, even on weekends.

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 21, 2002, 11:41 AM

I bet my next update will say something like.

"FEDEX truck crashed and burned wirth your product in it. Sorry, it will be on a new truck headed to you for overnight delivery...Just Kidding, you suck, we dont know when or if it will ever get to you!" 4-21-02 7:53

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 21, 2002, 12:34 PM

hey macintosh. fedex called me. your mac looks like this...

heh heh

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2002, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
<STRONG>hey macintosh. fedex called me. your mac looks like this...

heh heh

.</STRONG>
You should have put a warning on that! My poor eyes have been traumatized!

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 21, 2002, 01:03 PM

LOL

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 21, 2002, 03:40 PM

Is anyone able to even check their order tracking status right now? I cant!

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2002, 03:55 PM

<STRONG>Is anyone able to even check their order tracking status right now? I cant! </STRONG>
Mine works fine :/ The tracking part could be been down for a second, never know.

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: foneroot ]

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 21, 2002, 04:01 PM

I am getting pissed because I have seen ZERO updates in almost two days...WTF? I hate not knowing specifics, and damn I payed a lot. I should at least be given tracking updates.[/LIST]

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 21, 2002, 04:38 PM

if you didnt pay for saturday delivery, then your package is no further than it was on friday night. they dont work on sunday, so thats another day of inactivity.

be calm. it will show.

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2002, 04:51 PM

I didn't have any updates from the 17th to 19th and I was getting worried too. But then I saw an update and I jumped for joy. The weekend is going to mess you up sense they don't work on Sunday as scaught said. But trust me, when you get an update you will be very happy

maddog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2002, 04:58 PM

Chill out you suck, enjoy the weekend and enjoy the iMac on Monday.

Geez, at least you are GETTING one for christ's sake...

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: maddog ]

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 21, 2002, 05:02 PM

Thanks man, I sure cant wait for the update!

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2002, 07:46 AM

w00000t! I checked and mine is in my town, on a truck for delivery to my house! Too bad I have to go to school, but it should be here when I get back

[ 04-22-2002: Message edited by: foneroot ]

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 22, 2002, 07:00 PM

DID YOU GTE IT FONEROOT???

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2002, 09:24 PM

<STRONG>DID YOU GTE IT FONEROOT???</STRONG>
Yes! I'm sorry I should have posted sooner, I have been playing with it all night. It's my first Mac But the machine and everything is totally awesome, I love it. it is SO much smaller then my PC. It's like half the size of my monitor. And there is only ONE plug. I'm sorry, I'm very excited I havent had one problem yet, just some things that I don't know how to do and some questions because I'm new to Mac. Now I have heard posts about people who are saying that it is noisy. I cant hear one thing out of it! When the Superdrive rubs up, you can hear it spinning but nothing bad at all for me. My PC was insanley loud and annoying. I love OS X, everything about it. I love this font smoothing The speackers are great, nice, small and stylish. I think I heard a crackle on one song when I turned them up real loud, but didnt bug me at all. I will most likley get an iSub later anyways. But the speakers sound great. I ripped a CD, I played a DVD, downloaded a few programs. Everything is awesome. I'm never going back to PC. Macs forever

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 22, 2002, 09:31 PM

You have me totally psyched!!! I can't wait for my damn amazing iMac!!! All I hope is that there are no dead pixels..does yours have any?

Keep telling me stuff about it! Post pics if you can!!!

All of these (!!!) show my obvious excitement...CONGRATS MAN!

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2002, 10:50 PM

<STRONG>You have me totally psyched!!! I can't wait for my damn amazing iMac!!! All I hope is that there are no dead pixels..does yours have any?

Keep telling me stuff about it! Post pics if you can!!!

All of these (!!!) show my obvious excitement...CONGRATS MAN!</STRONG>
Nope, No dead pixels! I can't find anything wrong with it! I would post pics put I don't have a digital camera I really wish I had one, I should be getting one soon though. The screen is awesome, I love moving it around and it is VERY convenient and useful. You will be amazed at how much you will move it around. Everything is very fast and snappy, oh and be sure to plug the power cord on the back of the New iMac ALL the way in, I didn't have it all the way in and it took me about two or so try's turning it on, until I noticed that it wasn't plugged in all the way. I read about that but I forgot Ahhh what else! There is tons of things I should type, but I cant remember right now! By the way, did you get an update today?

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2002, 10:52 PM

Sorry, Accidently pushed Reply instead of Edit.

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 23, 2002, 03:55 PM

That all sounds good, foneroot! No, i havent had an update since the 19th. I will worry if the iMac isnt in my hands by the estimated delivery date of the 25th. Heres hoping!

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 23, 2002, 07:09 PM

It is the 23 and still no new iMac or a FEDEX tracking status update since the 19th when the imac left from Sacramento, CA.

Maybe I am being too impatient? The estimated delivery date is the 25th but FEDEX has had 5 full days to get it here.

Is there any way I can figure out where my iMac is even tough it hasnt been scanned for updating in 5 days?

My brother did tell me that the updates are few and far between and when he bought his G4 Tower the FEDEX update didnt happen until about an hour before it was delivered!

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]

foneroot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2002, 07:50 AM

Hmmm. That doesn't seem right... You could call the fedex tracking number or the apple store. It can't hurt, it can only help

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 24, 2002, 11:36 AM

I will wait until tommorow and then call...its supposed to be delivered by tommorow and no later.

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Apr 24, 2002, 03:18 PM

I talked to Apple about the tracking status not being updated on the FEDEX site and they said to call FEDEX about this if the imac doesnt arrive to me by the estimated date.

I called FEDEX today anyway and all I was told was that, "Yes, the package is in route for delivery tommorow."

I guess that means it WILL be delivered to me tommorow and if NOT I will be royally PISSED.

If my package arrives like the one shown in the thread above I will kill the FEDEX poeple....ALL of them!

Since when do the customers go postal on the postal service?

Forum Links
Forum Rules