Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Apple Studio Display with Quicksilver

Apple Studio Display with Quicksilver
zcasper
Jul 26, 2001, 12:03 AM

Hello World:

Does anyone else think that the blue on the Studio displays will clash with the pure silver on the Quicksilver machines?

Or am I totally wrong and the color scheme on the displays has been updated also...

What do y'all think?

Zach

Euphrates
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 26, 2001, 02:18 PM

I think you're being a little too picky

applenut1
Senior User
Jul 26, 2001, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by zcasper:
<STRONG>Hello World:

Does anyone else think that the blue on the Studio displays will clash with the pure silver on the Quicksilver machines?

Or am I totally wrong and the color scheme on the displays has been updated also...

What do y'all think?

Zach</STRONG>
where is their blue on the displays ? they haven't been blue since August 99

Herr Newton
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 26, 2001, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by applenut1:
<STRONG>

where is their blue on the displays ? they haven't been blue since August 99</STRONG>
Exactly. He apparently has an older studio display

zcasper  (op)
Jul 26, 2001, 08:20 PM

Okay, maybe it's not blue. Whatever the color is on the original G4 enclosures - that's the blue I am talking about.

Zach

Atomic Beat Boy
Jul 26, 2001, 08:30 PM

Don't worry, all the current displays are a pearlescant beigy grey, so they'll go with anything. No "Graphite" (The colour of the old G4s) features on any of them.

scadboy
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2001, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by Atomic Beat Boy:
<STRONG>Don't worry, all the current displays are a pearlescant beigy grey, so they'll go with anything. No "Graphite" (The colour of the old G4s) features on any of them.</STRONG>
pearlescant beigy grey, it's the new black, you know.

;-)

If the G4 clashes with your monitor, just throw it under your desk, or, better yet, repaint your monitor!

I plan on repainting my pismo when my warranty runs out in September. I'm thinking of redoing the top and bottom panels in a bright lemon yellow gloss, and keeping the inside black for a nice two-tone effect. Think that'll help the resale value?

ciao,

Michael
http://scadboymike.tripod.com

zcasper  (op)
Jul 27, 2001, 12:31 AM

I was talking about the Apple logo on this image. The Apple logo is blue while the one on the Quicksilver is silver. What's up with that?

I know this is the back but the same blue apple is on the front.

Zach

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: zcasper ]

maddog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2001, 09:22 AM

This is completely unacceptable. If someone manages to get a glimpse of the back of your display, they will realize that you have absolutely no sense of style. How could you possibly buy a tower that does not match 100% with the logo on the rear of your display?

I will be drafting a petition to make Apple do away with this new excuse for a design, and go back to the old matching color scheme. I urge everyone to cancel their orders immediately.

As a share holder, I am outraged. I will be selling my stock immediately and buying a Dell PC. They may be ugly and beige, but they match their monitors.

zcasper  (op)
Jul 27, 2001, 09:35 AM

Okay okay...

I think the concensus here is that this is a stupid question and I should get over it (I assume maddog is joking - ooh are we creative).

Anyhow, it was just a question that I thought about late one night.

Talk to everyone later.

Zach

murbot
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2001, 09:57 AM

edit - removed zcasper bashing... sorry, I'm in a bad mood.

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: murbot ]

el matteo
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2001, 02:57 PM

Being a certified graduate of a color theory class and all ( ), i'd say the apple on the display is more of a "cool grey" than a blue. The "silver" on QuickSilver is just a lighter tint of the same color. And, from what I can tell, the Apple logo on the side is the same shade of cool grey. So, in short, don't worry about it. You know how nitpicky Apple is about design. They wouldn't sell it if it didn't look good together.

Forum Links
Forum Rules