Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Newbie, Just wanted to say Hi

Newbie, Just wanted to say Hi
scarydriver
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2004, 09:20 PM

Hey everyone - My name's Neil, and I just wanted to say "Hi" I just took delivery of my very first Mac! A 15" powerbook 1.0. I bought a refurbished unit from apple.com. So far, I am very pleased! I have wanted a powerbook for some time now, and the dream has finally come true! After years on the dark side, I have finally switched. This place seems too be a great source of info, and I'm sure you'll find me asking many questions. So, let me say, "Thanks in advance!"

Neil

chiara
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2004, 09:49 PM

Originally posted by scarydriver:
Hey everyone - My name's Neil, and I just wanted to say "Hi" I just took delivery of my very first Mac! A 15" powerbook 1.0. I bought a refurbished unit from apple.com. So far, I am very pleased! I have wanted a powerbook for some time now, and the dream has finally come true! After years on the dark side, I have finally switched. This place seems too be a great source of info, and I'm sure you'll find me asking many questions. So, let me say, "Thanks in advance!"

Neil
Welcome Neil. I have been using mac for about ten years now and I have always bought new, but within the last month I have bought two refurbished units from my local apple store and I couldn't be happier. Both computers are working great and in fact, I don't think I will ever buy a *new* computer again.

You will love your mac, there is no going back...

coolmacdude
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 11:16 PM

Oh no, I think he's one of Rob's henchman.
2.16 Ghz Core 2 Macbook, 3GB Ram, 120 GB

bkb
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 19, 2004, 11:21 PM

Neil

Welcome back to the Force Luke.

And I hope you enjoy your mac - that's the easy part.
PBG4/12"/1GHz/1.25GB/60GB//SD/APX/10.3

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 20, 2004, 03:30 AM

You can't beat a good Apple refurb - my 867mhz 12" is an awesome machine which I got for 35% off list price a while back. Easily one of the top 5 Macs ever made in my opinion.

 iMac Core 2 Duo 17" 2ghz 3gb/250gb ||  iBook G4 12" 1.33ghz 1gb/40gb

BlueCat
Mar 20, 2004, 05:56 AM

Neil
Welcome Neil, my current Mac is my first Mac too. After so many years in Windoze-land, I made a switch. I too have the 15" as my first Mac.
15" Aluminium Powerbook 1.25GHz G4
Panther 10.3
"My first Mac, but definitely not my last!"

Tomski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2004, 06:12 AM

Hey mate, welcome. This Powerbook 15" is also my first ever mac.

Had it for 2 weeks now. After taking some time to get used to it I'm in love. My PC desktop has now been officially switched over to a games machine.

Thanx all for the info on the boards that helped me make the switch

macwayne
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2004, 08:42 AM

Hi Neil, welcome to Mac-World and hope you enjoy your laptop. I also have a 15" Al and I don't think I will ever go back to a desktop!

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 20, 2004, 09:16 AM

hey neil,
i'm on my 2nd so far. first an ibook g3 800, and now onto a 12" 1ghz powerbook.

welcome to the the world of mac os, and these forums.

euphras
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2004, 03:44 PM

Welcome to the fora, Neil! Enjoy your Mac!!

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

Forum Links
Forum Rules