Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Entourage error -17099

Entourage error -17099
kirktalon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 08:37 PM

I'm a desktop publisher and website designer in self training.

A friend has a problem with Microsoft Entourage for Macs which is:

"Do you know of a way or program that is available that will sort out the Emails that are no longer working etc. Right now when I send out multiple Emails if one isn't right ,it doesn't send any of them, so they all come back as an error without identifying which one/s are in error.? Which means I need to send them individually which is impossible time wise to do."

I personally don't use Entourage for this reason and I can't recall having this problem with any other Mail application program.

Is there something in preferences to enable or disable to get this to stop happening?

New INFO:

Entourage gives a "not our customer" message in the top part of the error panel that comes up and in the bottom half it is a "error -17099".

I don't know if any of this will be helpful.
This friend of mine is sending an attachment jpeg of a one day workshop she is doing. Is it possible that it is too big?

Error -17099
Relaying to <the email address> prohibited by administrator
Email could not be sent
Account name (my account name)
Error -17099

Error -17099 is an Entourage error kSMTPServerReplyErr, and is returned when the SMTP server has returned a permanent or transient error or returns an unexpected result code.

One of the email addresses is bad/incorrect.

Entourage doesn't have a way of letting you know which it is.So would it be safe to say no other mail app does this so that if one switches to Mail.app or Thunderbird app from Mozilla, this won't happen??
kirktalon

Forum Links
Forum Rules