Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Giveaway: Last chance to enter and win a $1,000 Newegg gift card

Giveaway: Last chance to enter and win a $1,000 Newegg gift card
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jun 13, 2016, 03:13 PM

It's probably a good bet that you purchase a lot of electronics. It's also probably a safe assumption that you have heard of Newegg, and like the idea of getting free hardware. If this applies to you, then this is a warning that the MacNN Deals giveaway to win a $1,000 Newegg gift card ends tomorrow night, so if you want to stand a chance at winning, you'd better enter before the giveaway closes.

Newegg does offer some great bargains on gadgets and hardware, with it also making regular appearances in our Daily Deals posts. $1,000 can also go quite a long way to improving your Mac setup, such as by adding a 4K monitor, setting up your own network-attached storage for backups and holding all your media, getting a DSLR to step up your photography from using a smartphone camera, or even acquiring a 3D printer.

In order to enter the $1,000 Newegg Gift Card Giveaway, you have to sign up for an account on MacNN Deals and submit your email address through the contest page. Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm CDT on June 14, 2016. Full terms and conditions are available on the contest page.

aroxnicadi
Jun 13, 2016, 04:54 PM

I wonder how much Apple will want to grab when you pay for something off of a webpage like you do with PayPal. If it's anything like what they grab when you buy an app things are going to get 30% more expensive.

sunman42
Jun 14, 2016, 03:25 PM

I've never had any serious issues with iCloud (storage or Website), and I prefer to be at least a ten foot pole away from One Drive. The more people who eschew Office 365 and insist on continuing to pay for what they need as opposed to paying rent on it, and having a working application when they decide to stop paying, the more likely Microsoft will keep from falling into Adobe's evil ways.

That said, I'm going to have to see Apple's implementation of Optimized Storage before I commit to entrusting it with my long-term memory (that is, old documents). Desktop storage is too cheap to mess with that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules