Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Now with Panther, I _finally_ do not miss OS 9

Now with Panther, I _finally_ do not miss OS 9
Hash
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2003, 09:01 AM

Yes. It has everything good that OS 9 had, most of all its speed, MIDI capabilities, font management simplicity, beauty of GUI, and responsiveness, and in addition it has all invaluable multitasking, safari, networking and other countless goodies.

I can say now - finally I dont miss OS 9. The panther is a great, mature OS, with incredible features and will have its part of the glory and no longer feels like Aqua forced on Unix - no, it still has Unix underpinnings and Aqua interface, but they both now finally merged into one great OS, with unique feel and elegancy.

Mac OS, which I know as fast and responsive OS in its days of OS 9, is back after 2 years of waiting since the March, 2001 release of OS X 10.0 and now it is better, stronger, faster, more powerful than ever, beautiful and elegant. And I love the new silver glowing apple. Welcome back, Mac OS!

Forum Links
Forum Rules