Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > help, no system-wide ftp

help, no system-wide ftp
Hash
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2003, 10:26 AM

I dont know why by but i cant download anything by any browser or ftp program. Cant think of any reason. I also noticed that I cant log in into Gameranger servers. Mail and Entourage were behaving strangely. Tried Cocktail and Onyx, permissions and etc, to no avail.

ntsc
Senior User
Nov 28, 2003, 10:40 AM

did you turn on any firewall type software specifically Mac OS X's own firewall which apparently isn't always that intelligent about stuff like this.

might not be this but then again worth checking.
"You can't waste a life hating people, because all they do is live their life, laughing, doing more evil."

-ALPHA ROBERTSON,whose daughter was one of four girls killed in the bombing of a Birmingham, Ala., church in 1963.

Hash  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2003, 11:11 AM

nope, thats was first i checked - no any kind of firewall; not in system preferences, at least, and i dont use Brickhouse or any other firewall app. Weird thing i can download the file if its not ftp; any kind of ftp is broken.

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2003, 11:17 AM

Try it with another account, if it does the same thing then it is indeed system wide and not user specific. My dad had a similar problem and I found where he downloaded a download accelerator which was installed in his Internet Plugins in his Library foder.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2003, 11:34 AM

I have the same problem.

For some reason, none of the browsers will correctly offload ftp links to the Finder for handling, and connecting from within the Finder fails, as well.

Using curl from the Terminal worked just fine, though.

Odd.

-s*

Hash  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 10:45 PM

persists with other user as well

Forum Links
Forum Rules