Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Will the Beta of Delicious Library 2 be available for everyone to download?

Will the Beta of Delicious Library 2 be available for everyone to download?
Tsurisuto
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2008, 09:03 AM

I was just wondering...

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 15, 2008, 09:07 AM

I too am anxious to try out DL2's new feature, "custom book sizes", and see if it was worth the wait.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2008, 09:16 AM

I am under the impression that the beta will be closed to the public.

mpmchugh
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2008, 12:43 PM

Does anyone know if the beta has actually started yet?

-mpm

-LD
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2008, 01:53 PM

Will the Beta of Delicious Library 2 be available for anyone to download?
Fixed!

anyrandomthing
Feb 15, 2008, 04:51 PM

I started to write something a little longer, but it really just came down to this.

Disappointment.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 15, 2008, 05:37 PM

I'm not connected with DM in any way, so don't take this as me speaking for them or anything, but Wil has stated a few times that they're not doing a public beta. His last comment on the subject seemed to indicate that private beta testing is already underway, though.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

MikeShayne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2008, 10:13 PM

"Early feedback has our release date still at least a month away... sorry.

Gotta be perfect!

-Wil"

Yeah right. A month away from what year?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 16, 2008, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by MikeShayne View Post
Yeah right. A month away from what year?
2015. But that's just an optimistic guess

-t

MikeShayne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2008, 06:43 AM

It's funny how back in November when it was obvious this wasn't coming out some people we're saying "February" and I thought that was crazy. That was back when I was a little more optimistic on this. Now we get to February and of course they're saying "March." Now it's just sad. He should know now matter what that this will be nothing but a disappointment. It can't be anything else. It would have to have to give you x-ray vision and travel through time to live up to the "hype." But it has to be "perfect" right? Yeah. Never going to happen. I mean we're in what version of DL1, and it's still buggy as hell. So who the **** is he trying to fool with this bullshit?

wgill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2008, 04:18 PM

Well, this has been going on for months, with promises, wishes and hopes.

Honestly, I find that people that I have talked to in other forums are starting to become pissed off with the release and when it is released are not going to support it.

The team at delicious monster have to take a step back and think what there next move is, because its taking FAR too Long.

anyrandomthing
Feb 16, 2008, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
I'm not connected with DM in any way, so don't take this as me speaking for them or anything, but Wil has stated a few times that they're not doing a public beta. His last comment on the subject seemed to indicate that private beta testing is already underway, though.
Yeah, I had known that there was a "limited beta" but then he had said that on the 15th he move to a "private beta" which i thought was significant of a step move towards completion. The fact that he didn't mention the private beta (not that I thought I was getting an invite, that wouldn't happen) makes me think that this next step still hasn't been completed.

anyrandomthing
Feb 19, 2008, 12:09 AM

gimme sum news dawg

partydrone
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2008, 05:01 PM

Seems like DM is packing a whole slew of new features into the new version that everyone is requesting. So, they release "on time" without some of these features and everyone gets upset. On the other hand, if they take the time to put all these features in, causing the release to be delayed, everyone still gets upset.

Feynman
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by partydrone View Post
Seems like DM is packing a whole slew of new features into the new version that everyone is requesting. So, they release "on time" without some of these features and everyone gets upset. On the other hand, if they take the time to put all these features in, causing the release to be delayed, everyone still gets upset.
This what happens when you over hype the application.

I'm sure for DL3, if they still have cutomers by then ( ) then they will keep their mouths shut.

MikeShayne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2008, 08:16 PM

DL3 will implement a brain library interface feature. You'll scan items with your eye ball and take your info with you wherever you go. Coming in 2092, the 1 year anniversary of DL2!

anyrandomthing
Feb 19, 2008, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by partydrone View Post
They have already said the feature set was frozen quite some time ago.

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Feb 19, 2008, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by MikeShayne View Post
DL3 will implement a brain library interface feature. You'll scan items with your eye ball and take your info with you wherever you go. Coming in 2092, the 1 year anniversary of DL2!
It won't be released in 2092...because there will be bugs with Mac OS XXV 25.6.3's CoreRetina framework and they'd rather wait until Apple fixes the bugs with CoreRetina in a 25.6.4. Or so they say...it's really a poor excuse...and DL3 will be released in 2156 by Wil Shipley's great great great grandson. Problem is that nobody will have paper books or physical media anymore to catalog...the DL3 reviews will dismiss the app as being a solution to a non-existent problem.

BobWoodshed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2008, 11:43 PM

DL is by far the most beautiful app of its kind UI wise, but I have to admit that I finally gave up on it about a month ago. Instead I'm using Librarian Pro and have never been happier. Sure it's not quite as pretty, but it gets the job done for me way better than DL. Maybe I'll change my mind when DL2 comes out and I can inventory Duke Nukem Forever.
21.5" iMac 3.06 i3 4GB | White iPhone 3GS

anyrandomthing
Feb 23, 2008, 08:45 PM

This **** is dead.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 23, 2008, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by anyrandomthing View Post
This **** is dead.
WTF is your problem ?

-t

Forum Links