Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Fixing broken (corrupted) mp3 - damn Audion!

Fixing broken (corrupted) mp3 - damn Audion!
Hash
Mac Elite
Oct 5, 2002, 12:29 PM

I had perfect mp3 library until I downloaded and tried Audion (version 2 i guess). I created a playlist with my favourite mp3s, thinking i will use Audion because it seemed to be leaner, than iTunes...

The *****ing Audion managed to change all default icons of those mp3 files into audion-associated icons. Not only that. They stopped playing in iTunes. They stopped playing in QT player. Thinking that my desktop file is corrupted, i rebuilt it. Nothing changed. Moreover, now Audion itself cant play those mp3 files. Some of them so rare, I cant find em anyway. I need to fix them! They are broken. No audio app can open them, they say the files are corrupted.

I tried Audion 3 to no avail. I used Resedit and FileBuddy to change creator and etc..nothing works..

How can i fix those broken mp3s?? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Subzero Diesel949
Oct 6, 2002, 07:17 PM

Are you in OS 9 or OS X?

In OS X you can change them so that they can all open in whichever player you like.

Also, try downloading SoundApp. Do the mp3 files work there? If they do it is not a corrupted file issue, but rather something with the handling of applications.

Hash  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2002, 09:49 AM

OK, thanks for advise, i ll check the files in Sound App.

I tried recovering mp3 files both in OS 9 and X. They just dont open in any audio app! They still have audion icons BTW.

When i click and try open them by an app (iTunes or Audion, whatever), apps open, but nothing is played..

Forum Links
Forum Rules