Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mac Pro line

Mac Pro line
Hash
Mac Elite
Jun 11, 2006, 02:18 AM

This is Mac Pro line - a pure speculation, but why not let it begin?

Workstation Mac - with some unimaginable specs/for 3D and video

Full blown 4 core Mac Pro, a flagship model 2000-2500$ - super uber model

Midtower Mac Pro (a new model) - a new design, very powerful. - appr 1500 $. Midtower size, a lot of expansion slots

Mac (a simple desktop tower for usual computing needs and with powerful GPU), suitable for Gaming - a new design, reasonably powerful (similar to current Pentium 3.6 ghz) - Under 1000$\, midtower size, few expansion slots

Mac mini for light computing needs - under 500$, no expansion slots

All except mac mini have been redesigned. Lots of aluminium. Black flagship model?

Extremely high value for bucks.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jun 11, 2006, 04:29 AM

Why do we need yet another thread of this crap? All I see is speculation about Intel towers in the Power Mac forum.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

trevorM
Forum Regular
Jun 11, 2006, 04:40 AM

I suspect there will only be one line of towers like apple has pretty much always done in previous years.
Apple Powermac G5: Dual 1.85GHz | 80Gb System | 3Gb Ram | GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL | BT | Airport | Apple 30" Cinema HD Display Apple Powerbook AL G4: 12" | 1.5Ghz | 60b System | 1.25Gb Ram | Airport | BT Other: Airport Express | Airport Extreme | TiG4 PB 800Mhz | 20" iMac G5 w/ built in iSight | Swivel Screen iMac G4 800Mhz | iPod Mini | iPod Nano | Maxtor One Touch 250GB | Sony Ericsson T630

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Jun 11, 2006, 09:44 AM

I agree, this thread is totally pointless..

and as for your prediction, I think you are way over complicating things - Apple will have 1 Mac Pro case design, with 3 configs - just like they do now, separated by proc. speed and standard features. Also, I expect at least 2 out of 3 models to be quad core - just like all the iMacs were upgraded to dual core, I see no reason why the costly Mac Pros can't mostly (or all) be quad
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 11, 2006, 11:16 AM

There are already more than enough speculative threads on this.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Forum Links
Forum Rules