Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Way to make NCAA on Demand work?

Way to make NCAA on Demand work?
rnp614
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2007, 03:53 PM

I have a Macbook and I cant get the damned NCAA On Demand thing working. Is anyone else having success? What plugins did you use?

albarosa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2007, 05:45 PM

It works fine for me on my MacBook Pro in Camino. Well it does now. If you haven't already I'd recommend installing Perian and Flip4Mac. You may want to just try playing your desired game again if it doesn't work the first time. The interface doesn't seem to be very Mac friendly and sometimes it just doesn't work. It actually screwed up the windows in a lot of the tabs I had open. Weird, but you should be able to get it working eventually.

brettcamp
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2007, 01:35 AM

Man, I tried it last night using Camino (straight and then spoofing IE for windows, via CamiTools), Safari, even opened up (shudder) IE for the first time in years -- the first two options produced a message saying I needed to download some dll patch; in IE, the individual game links wouldn't display. I have WMV on my PowerBook; maybe I'll try loading Flip4Mac?
Can't be a coincidence that it's sponsored by Dell....

Update: well, I installed both F4M and Perian, quit and then reopened Camino... and I still can't get it to play the video of the Oregon-UNLV game, or any other. I can get it to show the highlights, but that's a different animal (CBS). Here's the message that it shows instead: "Viewing the "live" show requires Internet Explorer 6+ and Windows Media Player version 9+ or above. If your system meets the above criteria and you are receiving this message, you may require a patch to view the live stream. This issue affects the following systems:

Operating Systems Affected: Windows XP Media Center and Vista
Browser Affected: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1
Issue: Missing .DLL files in standard installation

See the following article for patch instructions: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player#Missing_plugin"

The one thing I haven't done is rebooted the computer. Guess I'll try that next. any other ideas?
( Last edited by brettcamp; Mar 25, 2007 at 04:42 AM. Reason: updated)

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 25, 2007, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by brettcamp View Post
Can't be a coincidence that it's sponsored by Dell....
Actually it's more that Dell had the money to sponsor it... And face it, there are far more Windows users than Mac users, so they focused on providing content for them, not us. THAT is the problem-the NCAA doesn't think the Mac community is worth the trouble (such as it is) to support. Give 'em that as feedback.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

albarosa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2007, 12:57 AM

It works for me, but its pretty bad. The video is watchable but I have to relaunch my browser if I want to do anything in other tabs. I have found that playing a highlight, stopping that, and then clicking on a game gets it to play consistently. I know its not exactly a streamlined way to do things, but it works.

Yeah... things like this always seem to be geared towards Windows. Why can't it just work normally?

Forum Links
Forum Rules