Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Off network can't log in user

Off network can't log in user
Actit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2011, 08:21 PM

Hello,

MacBook Pro with 10.5.8

I am unable to log in to the MacBook when off the network. When on the network can login. Now this was not the case two weeks ago. Does anyone know where I can look to fix this? Or have experienced the problem and know a fix? I've done some looking but haven't turned up anything that deals with this particular issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

larkost
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2011, 11:52 PM

I assume you have a network account, and you have not created a "mobile" account. This is a bit of an advanced trick, and so if you can't find the solution with google, you probably should not be doing it.

Actit  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2011, 07:28 PM

Thank you for replying larkost!
Mobile is what it is missing! The account is setup on the server to be mobile but the account on the laptop isn't showing that. Going to try deleting the user folder and logging the account back on and see if that solves my problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules