Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Your advice on where to buy an iPhone

Your advice on where to buy an iPhone
HealthBuffMe
Jul 4, 2012, 01:49 AM

Where is it advisable to buy an iPhone?

Apple Retail Store
Buying it with a provider? (Sprint, Tmobile,Verizon etc.)

andi*pandi
Jul 4, 2012, 09:22 AM

I bought from Radio Shack. However, the results of this thread should be very close to the results from the "Where to buy iPad" thread.

Where are you? There are some tax savings if you live near NH or Oregon, I hear.

snowconesandwich
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2012, 02:26 PM

Online would be best I believe. There are certain discounts if you get it directly from apple.

HealthBuffMe  (op)
Jul 7, 2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I bought from Radio Shack. However, the results of this thread should be very close to the results from the "Where to buy iPad" thread.

Where are you? There are some tax savings if you live near NH or Oregon, I hear.
Yeah, just saw that "where to buy an iPad" thread! I just thought of promos with carriers and the like. Thank you!

HealthBuffMe  (op)
Jul 7, 2012, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by snowconesandwich View Post
Online would be best I believe. There are certain discounts if you get it directly from apple.
Speaking of price, it is good to buy from merchants where you can avail a discount using a charge card. But in terms of security/warranty, you can get a good night sleep when purchasing from Apple. But again, any reputable store would do, i think, if we are only talking about a unit. But do you think purchasing it with carriers costs less?

eyepon356
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 18, 2012, 01:02 AM

Who banned me? Why was I banned? Really, no communication whatsoever and then you kick out a mild mannered member?
What did I do wrong?

I can't even appeal at all to get unblocked?

HealthBuffMe  (op)
Jul 24, 2012, 08:28 PM

I heard Verizon is offering an iPhone for 99.00 but it's 8gig only ... I think I'm gonna buy my next device (an iPhone 5! Wow!) with a carrier.
@eyepon - sorry to hear about that

HealthBuffMe  (op)
Aug 22, 2012, 04:34 PM

Since the release of the iPhone 5 hasn't been confirmed , I am 90% sure I'm gonna buy an iPad later this year. I'm currently browsing some deals online and the prices are indeed less. If I'm gonna buy online, I'd surely opt for a COD or cash on delivery. Then again, I'm still a little uncomfortable of purchasing online, especially if we're talking about an expensive device.

Forum Links
Forum Rules