Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Rubber feet

Rubber feet
billybob128
Senior User
May 16, 2003, 05:46 AM

just got my iBook back from been repaired and was told that they had adjusted one of the rubber feet although i cant remember which one it was however that is not the point i got it back tuesday it stayed at home alone on wednesday (muck up day at school) took it in to school thursday to revise got home and realised that one of the feet is missing. not a problem says i i will retrace my steps and find it so i did that today and couldnt find it

so here is the point of this post has anyone else had this problem or does any one no where to get some new feet i checked the marketplace here but couldnt find anything

thanks in advance

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
May 16, 2003, 06:07 AM

Originally posted by billybob128:
just got my iBook back from been repaired and was told that they had adjusted one of the rubber feet although i cant remember which one it was however that is not the point i got it back tuesday it stayed at home alone on wednesday (muck up day at school) took it in to school thursday to revise got home and realised that one of the feet is missing. not a problem says i i will retrace my steps and find it so i did that today and couldnt find it

so here is the point of this post has anyone else had this problem or does any one no where to get some new feet i checked the marketplace here but couldnt find anything

thanks in advance

Check on ebay or your local Apple store. They normally give them away for free there....

skipjack
Dedicated MacNNer
May 17, 2003, 04:48 AM

I just received my iBook back from repair and noticed one of the feet was missing. I went to the Genius Bar at the local Apple Store, but they were out of feet.

The Genius recommended that I contact AppleCare and ask if they could mail me a set.

billybob128  (op)
Senior User
May 25, 2003, 06:05 PM

i called them and they didnt wanna no about it just told me to ring apple care and sort it out myself
tthey were nice when i bought the thing but when it all went rong they didnt want to no about me or my problems

MacbookPro dual 2Ghz 1GB Ram 128 Graphics

skipjack
Dedicated MacNNer
May 26, 2003, 04:37 AM

Sorry to hear about the poor response. I've been stopping by my local Apple store and they haven't had any in a while. But they are expecting some next week. I'll see if I can get an extra one. Keep watching this thread ...

x user
Mac Elite
May 26, 2003, 12:58 PM

My aft two feet just fell out at school. Something I didn't have a problem with with my 500mhz. When I take it in to get my new battery, I guess I'll ask for some feet as well.

billybob128  (op)
Senior User
May 26, 2003, 01:11 PM

two missin isnt that bad but one makes the whole thing rock and as it is one under the handrest it bends the iBook

x user
Mac Elite
May 26, 2003, 03:58 PM

Two missing scrapes the bottem of the iBook something nasty...

Ry�kan
May 28, 2003, 01:44 PM

For what it's worth, when I got my iBook 500, in 2001, I heard they get warm, so I decided to try giving it a little more clearance on the bottom, for extra air-flow.

I went to the hardware store and got a set of white rubber feet that I just glued into place. I got round ones that are meant to be screwed into place, but, instead, I cut out the screw-hole, (I think I used a drill) so that the hole now straddles the tiny rubber feet that the iBook came with. Other techniques would work equally well.

My new rubber feet are about 1/4" thick, maybe 5/16". They've worked out fine, they look OK, and they keep the iBook a bit more elevated, just as I wanted, allowing good air-flow underneath.

Total cost: About $1 + 30 minutes work.

billybob128  (op)
Senior User
May 28, 2003, 01:55 PM

that sounds like a good idea thanks for the advice i may try that soon (i would have anyway cause the heat is startin to reck the top of my desk by stickin to it

adam.larsen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2003, 02:43 AM

I've lost a total of 5 feet now. My ibook has gone in 3 times to apple care. The first time, they gave me two new feet in addition to fixing other problems I had. The second and third times, it was like they would only fix one problem at a time. I requested new feet and it came back with only the two that I sent it out with.

One more note: Both times after Apple Care had it, more feet fell out hours after getting it back.

I am now 3 footless if anyone can help me with a Portland, Oregon place to get them that would be great. (or if you have access, I'd mail you a stamp) ;)

Forum Links
Forum Rules