Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet?

Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet? (Page 21)
cambro
Senior User
Mar 9, 2006, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by s1lentslayer
I'm still waiting on my 1.83 education purchase but it's not scheduled to ship until March 22. I ordered it on Feb. 22 with an upgrade to 1gig ram.
Exactly the same here...
Ordered EDU Feb. 22 CTO 120GB, still listed as "shipped by" MAR 22

CincyGamer
Mar 9, 2006, 06:35 PM

i had to change my shipping address so had to call Apple. The rep said mine is scheduled to ship on march 15. This was for a 2.16 w/7200 ordered on 2/14

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006, 06:39 PM

Guys, if you order CTO, you are likely going to wait longer.
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

schalliol
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2006, 07:11 PM

It's worth the wait
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

loh
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2006, 07:28 PM

I have a CTO 2.0 7200RPM ordered Feb 14th with a March 16th scheduled delivery date. This afternoon it went into "Cannot Cancel" mode
PowerMac Dual 867 - 1 GB Ram - Studio Display - 20 GB Ipod

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 9, 2006, 07:50 PM

Nice loh, I have the exact same order date and est. ship date. I cant see anything about Cannot cancel because my order is not associated to my apple store account. I have to check it by order number and zip. Mine is a stock 2.0 so I assume that ours are on a similar time table. :-D

just checked my credit card and there still arent any changes there...

Finrock
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2006, 11:00 PM

No, the whole "the wait for a CTO is longer" is not true. I've ordered many brand new Apple products CTO (Titanium PowerBook G4/500, iMac G5) the week they were released and they shipped the same time stock configurations shipped.
Two atoms were talking one day. One atom said to the other "you know, I think I've lost some electrons." The other atom said "are you sure?" The atom said "yeah, I'm positive." www.thisoldpodcast.com

sozkan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2006, 01:35 AM

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by CincyGamer
i had to change my shipping address so had to call Apple. The rep said mine is scheduled to ship on march 15. This was for a 2.16 w/7200 ordered on 2/14
I too ordered my MBP on 2/14 and had to change my shipping address. I initially thought that this change delayed my order, BUT last night at 9:45pm I received an e-mail from Apple indicating that my MBP 1.83 shipped out from CHINA . . . woohoo . . . happy day!!!

My order was not originally slated to ship out until March 14 and deliver until March 21. Hopefully I'll have my first Mac sitting on my lap by next Monday morning/afternoon, but probably more like Tuesday March 14.

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2006, 10:53 AM

Dang. No shipping notice yet-- but then, though I ordered on Feb. 14, the estimated ship date is March 16.
MacBook Pro: 2.16ghz, 2GB, 100GB@7200RPM

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 10, 2006, 11:00 AM

Ordered 2/10, shipped 3/8 (missed Fedex cutoff for that day of course). Still in transit, 2.16GHz, 2GB, 120GB HD.
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 Ghz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD

bonedaddy77
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2006, 04:51 PM

I'm surprised some of you are still waiting. I ordered the 2Ghz macbook from Amazon on 3/7 and it shipped 3/9.

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 10, 2006, 05:12 PM

Thats what we get for going with Apple...

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2006, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by bonedaddy77
I'm surprised some of you are still waiting. I ordered the 2Ghz macbook from Amazon on 3/7 and it shipped 3/9.

thats because other resellers dont carry custom machines....

but you have a link to a 120gb MBP machine on amazon/com that would be awesome
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

bonedaddy77
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2006, 05:59 PM

I know you can't get the 120gb drive, or the 2.16Ghz upgrade on Amazon but their prices for the base systems are pretty good. No tax + $150 rebate are worth losing 20gb of hard drive space IMO.

I wanted to get a custom system with the 100gb 7200rpm hd but couldn't pass up the deal I got.

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 10, 2006, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mr49er
My order was not originally slated to ship out until March 14 and deliver until March 21. Hopefully I'll have my first Mac sitting on my lap by next Monday morning/afternoon, but probably more like Tuesday March 14.
Ya, i'm not suprised at all that they are shipping out a bit earlier.
On my order it said it would be shipped on the 29th of March and delivery on April 5th, but the rep told me it would get shipped out on the 23rd earliest and no later than the 25th making the 29th of March the very last day for delivery which almost a week ahead of schedule at soonest.

It makes sense since on Apple's site, they are shipping at 2-3 weeks. I got free overnight shipping too, so that makes me happy. But have to pick it up from their Sacramento hub.

MutePrint
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2006, 08:19 PM

So it appears Apple is catching up with orders and that the initial long wait times are being ironed out, but has anyone ordered within the last few days that can verify this? I'm planning to place my order within the next week, and just want to get an idea of the estimated delivery time.

Also, can anyone elaborate on the rumors that Apple may be holding off on new shipments until the whine issue is resolved? This is for school, so I'm really hoping it's delivered in time for the spring term (about a month). Thanks.

hmp
Mar 10, 2006, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by MutePrint
Also, can anyone elaborate on the rumors that Apple may be holding off on new shipments until the whine issue is resolved? This is for school, so I'm really hoping it's delivered in time for the spring term (about a month). Thanks.
Are you going to be purchasing through the educational store? If so, the wait might be longer. I ordered Jan. 25th and Flintrock ordered the day of the keynote (I believe) and neither of us have received our MBPs yet. Both were orders using the educationaldiscount.

Although regular retail customers are getting there orders in a timely manner, so far only one person on the board has received their educational order. You might want to keep that in mind if you want to use the educational discount.

lordhamster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2006, 11:22 PM

I canceled my order today w/ the online store, after I had called the local store in Cleveland, OH and found they had 7 2.0ghz units in stock. So I'm not making my first ever internet posting from a mac!!

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2006, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by bonedaddy77
I know you can't get the 120gb drive, or the 2.16Ghz upgrade on Amazon but their prices for the base systems are pretty good. No tax + $150 rebate are worth losing 20gb of hard drive space IMO.

I wanted to get a custom system with the 100gb 7200rpm hd but couldn't pass up the deal I got.
no, to get the 100gb hard drive from amazon you pay more than with apple. even after tax...

after student discount and tax, free second day air, price for the 1.83ghz, 120, 1g ram from apple is 2268.92.

to get anything more than 80gb, the minimun with amazon is 2499. sure you dont pay tax, and maybe in 9 weeks yo u might even get a rebate, but i still fall to see how its a deal or even cheaper than apple.
Computers:

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by onlykaria
no, to get the 100gb hard drive from amazon you pay more than with apple. even after tax...

after student discount and tax, free second day air, price for the 1.83ghz, 120, 1g ram from apple is 2268.92.

to get anything more than 80gb, the minimun with amazon is 2499. sure you dont pay tax, and maybe in 9 weeks yo u might even get a rebate, but i still fall to see how its a deal or even cheaper than apple.
Dude, you can't say "no" to what he wrote. He didn't assert at all that Amazon has a CTO option. He just asserted that it was a phenomenal deal -- which it is. It would help if you read his post in the first place...
MacBook Pro 15" -- 2.2Ghz, 4GB, 200GB 7200rpm
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2006, 02:18 AM

Today my MBP has made tremendous traveling progress. It has gone from Shanghai, CHINA to Anchorage, AK and has departed, presumably to Indianapolis, IN.

Can anyone verify the typical shipping path to the Western US (SLC, UT specifically). I've heard that it goes from China to Anchorage and from there to Indianapolis, but why wouldn't it go from Anchorage to Sacramento and then SLC, UT. All thoughts are welcome.

From what I can tell from http://www.flytecomm.com/ my shipment should land in approx. 25 minutes.

When it's all said and done and I've had a chance to add my music and photos to my newly acquired MBP I think it would be cool to backtrack and document the journey of the MBP's from China to wherever, soley using the tools natively included on the MBP. Kind of a journey to Mecca or something . . . although China is obviously not Mecca in the Mac world, Cupertino, CA is.

Update: Arrived in Indianopolis at 2:36am as expected. Status - "Int'l shipment release". What does this mean and where does it go next if it's final destination is SLC, UT?
( Last edited by Mr49er; Mar 11, 2006 at 04:19 AM. )

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 11, 2006, 03:10 AM

I was at the Apple Store tonight at King of Prussia. They had 3 MBPs on display. I didn't have much time to poke around, but they are really cool. In person, there are a few differences that hit me right away. First of all, the integrated iSight is MUCH smaller than you think it is going to be (at least based on my perceptions from the photos). Also, the whole machine seems much wider than my old Ti Powerbook. Between the wider dimensions of the case and also the optical trick played by the wider trackpad, the machine gives the impression of a much more shallow, wider machine.

Overall I was impressed but that was only 5 minutes or so, and most Apple products wont disappoint in the first 5...

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 11, 2006, 03:17 AM

Dang. Some are predicting a 17" MacBook Pro in April... (rumors of a 30th anniversary gathering @ Apple: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1587). I convinced myself the 15.4" is the sweet spot.... If I had it in my hands already it'd be a no-brainer

Edit: Finally. It's about 1am MST. I'm sitting here on my old Dell laptop browsing digg.com when Google Talk pops up with notification from Apple. My heart stops. The e-mail says that my order has SHIPPED. FINALLY. Anyone else with a March 16th ship date see theirs ship?
( Last edited by Rumz; Mar 11, 2006 at 04:00 AM. )

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 11, 2006, 04:33 AM

Like from previous post, one of the major distribution hubs is Sacramento. Whether the flight is from China to Anchorage or China to Sac, my guess is good as anyones. But given that most ppl have shipping updates from Anchorage, maybe it's just a place for the flights to change pilots? Who knows.

But does anyone know how many days it will take for it to get to my place if it's overnight shipping? Does that mean the minute I see it leave China flight that it will be here the following day? I'm quite confused about this since it's international.

MacBookProJoE
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2006, 04:41 AM

Finally, this is my first official post as a mac user on my new macbook pro 1.83. After many weeks of delays from my university, i have finally got mine. YAY!

FYI, emeryville apple store had some 2.0's in stock. go get one if you don't wanna wait. lol

-JoE

MutePrint
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2006, 05:52 AM

Just to clarify, Apple only carries stock 2.0's in-store, right?

This is really frustrating knowing I'll probably have to wait an extra 2-4 weeks just for the 7200 upgrade...

Poogy
Mar 11, 2006, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by MutePrint
Just to clarify, Apple only carries stock 2.0's in-store, right?
Right. Apple stores only carry stock machines, and will not swap hard drives. At least, that's what the manager of my local store told me, right after telling me they had some 2.0's in stock...

This is really frustrating knowing I'll probably have to wait an extra 2-4 weeks just for the 7200 upgrade...
Tell me about it, brother!

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2006, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by John123
Dude, you can't say "no" to what he wrote. He didn't assert at all that Amazon has a CTO option. He just asserted that it was a phenomenal deal -- which it is. It would help if you read his post in the first place...
it would help if read my post. i was saying, very clearly i thought, that its not a deal at amazon at all if you want anything more than an 80gb hd. and that if you do, amazon is actually more expensive than buying from apple. and this was my answer to his comment about why anyone would wait on the apple machines...
Computers:

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2006, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by n8236
Like from previous post, one of the major distribution hubs is Sacramento. Whether the flight is from China to Anchorage or China to Sac, my guess is good as anyones. But given that most ppl have shipping updates from Anchorage, maybe it's just a place for the flights to change pilots? Who knows.

But does anyone know how many days it will take for it to get to my place if it's overnight shipping? Does that mean the minute I see it leave China flight that it will be here the following day? I'm quite confused about this since it's international.
i didnt know they had overnight...but with 2 day shipping... it actually is supposed to get to your door three days after it ships from apple.
Computers:

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 11, 2006, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Poogy
Right. Apple stores only carry stock machines, and will not swap hard drives. At least, that's what the manager of my local store told me, right after telling me they had some 2.0's in stock...
Interestingly, at the local Apple store in SLC they have 3 MacBook Pro configurations listed that they stock-- a 1.83, 2.0, and 2.16. If I recall correctly, the 2.16 had an upgraded hard drive-- though I don't recall if it was 120GB or 100GB@7200 RPM. Whether or not they've had any of the higher end 2.16 in stock yet is another question, but it's an extra option on top of the standard configs at the online apple store.

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2006, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rumz
Interestingly, at the local Apple store in SLC they have 3 MacBook Pro configurations listed that they stock-- a 1.83, 2.0, and 2.16. If I recall correctly, the 2.16 had an upgraded hard drive-- though I don't recall if it was 120GB or 100GB@7200 RPM. Whether or not they've had any of the higher end 2.16 in stock yet is another question, but it's an extra option on top of the standard configs at the online apple store.
That is very interesting to note. I might have tried to pick one up there before my order shipped had I known that. Oh well, all is well, mine left Indianapolis early this morning, but for where exactly, I'm unsure. Hopefully SLC, but it could be anywhere west of Indianapolis and that is a pretty large chuck of ground.

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006, 04:28 PM

Mar 11, 2006
10:43 AM Int'l shipment release MISSISSAUGA, ON
4:29 AM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
12:37 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Mar 10, 2006
3:03 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
12:58 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Mar 9, 2006
8:12 PM Picked up SHANGHAI CN - Package received after FedEx cutoff
8:12 PM Left origin SHANGHAI CN
6:33 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx

My stock 1.83Ghz Macbook is almost here.
--
Aristotle

hmp
Mar 11, 2006, 08:50 PM

My stock 1.83ghz MBP shipped today!

Ordered January 25th, original shipping date February 24th, moved to March 8th, then moved to March 20th. Shipped March 11.

It's an educational order too, so maybe educational orders are finally shipping in large quantities?

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006, 10:17 PM

it would help if read my post. i was saying, very clearly i thought, that its not a deal at amazon at all if you want anything more than an 80gb hd. and that if you do, amazon is actually more expensive than buying from apple. and this was my answer to his comment about why anyone would wait on the apple machines...
You said, "I fail to see how it's a deal." It is, in fact, a very sweet deal. You two were talking at each other rather than with each other.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2006, 10:45 PM

You said, "I fail to see how it's a deal." It is, in fact, a very sweet deal. You two were talking at each other rather than with each other.

i explained in detail why amazon is no deal...read that post....
Computers:

SEkker
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2006, 02:36 PM

Well, I ordered a top of the line model with 120GB HD within minutes of the keynote via the Apple store for education, and it's now been delayed from Feb 15, Feb 22, Mar 8 to Mar 20.

This kind of delay is really a problem -- my current laptop needs to go in for Apple Care, and I was really hoping to get the macbook pro before I had to ship in the PB17 (whose warranty runs out the end of March).

Looks to me like Apple has definitely de-prioritized the education crowd for this machine.

s1lentslayer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2006, 03:08 PM

My education order can no longer be cancelled I ordered it Feb. 22 and it still says Mar. 22 ship date but hopefully that will be moving up now.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 12, 2006, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by s1lentslayer
My education order can no longer be cancelled I ordered it Feb. 22 and it still says Mar. 22 ship date but hopefully that will be moving up now.
mine too i ordered on the 18th also from the education store...

is yours a custom machine? do you know how long after it can no longer be cancelled before it ships? 3 days? 4? or more
Computers:

Onceler
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2006, 03:47 PM

Actually, the deal at Amazon is a better deal than from the online Apple store. It's possible that you may be looking at a different configuration than bonedaddy77 bought (if he already received it then he most likely bought the stock 2 GHz). Also, you seem to have included a student discount in your numbers. That doesn't make for a fair comparison since many people cannot take advantage of it.

Here are the prices from both stores for the stock 2 GHz / 1 GB ram/ 100 GB hard drive:

Apple Store: $2499 + $175 tax = $2674.
Amazon: $2499 + $0 tax - $150 rebate = $2349

That is a $325 difference in favor of Amazon. True, you have to deal with the rebate, but it is still a much better deal.

I had a CTO order at the online store but I canceled it once I found out that Amazon has the 2 GHz in stock. I would prefer the faster hard drive, but I end up saving about $425. Because I don't absolutely need the faster hard drive in my laptop I could not justify spending that much more for it. Also, as a bonus, I will receive it in 2 days instead of 2 weeks.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 12, 2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Onceler
Actually, the deal at Amazon is a better deal than from the online Apple store. It's possible that you may be looking at a different configuration than bonedaddy77 bought (if he already received it then he most likely bought the stock 2 GHz). Also, you seem to have included a student discount in your numbers. That doesn't make for a fair comparison since many people cannot take advantage of it.

Here are the prices from both stores for the stock 2 GHz / 1 GB ram/ 100 GB hard drive:

Apple Store: $2499 + $175 tax = $2674.
Amazon: $2499 + $0 tax - $150 rebate = $2349

That is a $325 difference in favor of Amazon. True, you have to deal with the rebate, but it is still a much better deal.

I had a CTO order at the online store but I canceled it once I found out that Amazon has the 2 GHz in stock. I would prefer the faster hard drive, but I end up saving about $425. Because I don't absolutely need the faster hard drive in my laptop I could not justify spending that much more for it. Also, as a bonus, I will receive it in 2 days instead of 2 weeks.

you are right about the student discount (maybe that makes all the difference) .... because i have the student discount and want a hard drive bigger than 80gb the amazon price is more expensive, even after taxes (not to mention that i got a free $69.99 carry case from apple).

the price i quoted before was $2268.92 for the larger hard drive with the student discount
versus the price you quoted for 20GB less HD space (albeit with the faster processor) $2349

taking the student discount into account i pay more than $100 more, get a smaller hard drive and no free backpack...
so you are correct in stating that the without the student discount amazon is better, but with it, its not even worth considering.
Computers:

CincyGamer
Mar 12, 2006, 04:03 PM

Finally, my laptop is shipped on 3/11 Sat (2.16, 7200 - ordered 2/14) but it is still in China. It missed the FedEx cutoff. However, my girlfriend's (1.83, 80GB - ordered 1/28 ) shipped from Amazon on Friday.

Apple has really got us by the balls for us pre-order. But I had to go online to get my developer discount. If you want a stock machine, still think Amazon is the way to go.. After tax and eveything my upgraded machine was $2485 while hers is $1870 (extra $20 for 2-day shipping).

So for about $600 what did I get?
extra 128 MB of VRAM
20 gb more HD space
660 MHZ (330 MHZ per processor)
512 MB more RAM (and the benefit of fully getting the machine up to 2 GB easier).
25% faster spinning Hard drive

If I did not have the ADC discount, it would have gone up to: $2920
But I spent the extra money because I want to play Doom3 (never beat it yet) and WoW and
for my development work will be awesome. This week after we get WoW installed, I'll give an update on how fast the actual performance is between the machines for those still able to cancel their orders.

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 12, 2006, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by CincyGamer
Finally, my laptop is shipped on 3/11 Sat (2.16, 7200 - ordered 2/14) but it is still in China. It missed the FedEx cutoff. However, my girlfriend's (1.83, 80GB - ordered 1/28 ) shipped from Amazon on Friday.

Same deal here. Looks like ours are in the same shipment -- both 2.16, 7200rpm machines ordered the same day and shipped the same day, stuck in China. What did your order confirmation give you as the expected delivery date? Mine says March 15...

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2006, 05:17 PM

i explained in detail why amazon is no deal...read that post....
IT IS A DEAL. It may not provide you with the exact CTO option you want, but it is a deal. Period. That point is not even remotely close to being debateable. The entire POINT is that you have only stock configs availabile from Amazon. That doesn't make THOSE configurations not a deal.

For that matter, you can BUY the third party upgrades (graphics card memory upgrade excluded), put them in yourself, sell the old parts, and STILL come out SUBSTANTIALLY better than you did ordering from Apple.

In fact, since you obstinately stick to your original point, I'm even going to show that for many people, the 2.0 from Amazon can be CHEAPER than a CTO 1.83 from Apple with the 100GB drive. If you use A9, an Amazon VISA, and the rebate, the "effective" price of a stock 2.0 from Amazon comes out to $2236.92. For the 1.83 from Apple, you'll pay 2099.99. If you live in a state with 8% tax (as I do), that comes out more expensive. And you get alllllll the other features with the 2.0.

UGH!!!!
( Last edited by John123; Mar 12, 2006 at 05:23 PM. )
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

explosivpotato
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2006, 05:27 PM

im holding out for a 17in macbook pro with an ati radeon x1800 mobility.

THAT id go into debt for.
17" lo-res 1.67GHz alubook,
100gig 5400rpm hdd, 1gig ram, soon to be 1.5 when my funds are up to par.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 12, 2006, 05:27 PM

IT IS A DEAL. It may not provide you with the exact CTO option you want, but it is a deal. Period. That point is not even remotely close to being debateable. The entire POINT is that you have only stock configs availabile from Amazon. That doesn't make THOSE configurations not a deal.

For that matter, you can BUY the third party upgrades (graphics card memory upgrade excluded), put them in yourself, sell the old parts, and STILL come out SUBSTANTIALLY better than you did ordering from Apple.

In fact, since you obstinately stick to your original point, I'm even going to show that for many people, the 2.0 from Amazon can be CHEAPER than a CTO 1.83 from Apple with the 100GB drive. If you use A9, an Amazon VISA, and the rebate, the "effective" price of a stock 2.0 from Amazon comes out to $2236.92. For the 1.83 from Apple, you'll pay 2099.99. If you live in a state with 8% tax (as I do), that comes out more expensive. And you get alllllll the other features with the 2.0.

UGH!!!!
what part of read my posts on this do you not get?
Computers:

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2006, 03:33 AM

Why does Fedex send things bound for the west coast of Canada through Memphis, Tennessee and then through Ontario?
--
Aristotle

Poogy
Mar 13, 2006, 08:47 AM

Memphis is where FedEx keeps its International Sort Facility--IOW, where international packages all go to be sorted out by destination. There's another sort facility in Ontario, which is probably where all Canadian packages are sorted for shipment to the final destination.

Although FedEx could theoretically fly your package straight to you, most of their facilities are transport only. They might even be in your home town, but they don't have staff in the facility to sort through the packages in transit.

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2006, 04:41 PM

Finally delivered:

Mar 13, 2006 9:57 AM Delivered WILSONVILLE, OR
7:38 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery TUALATIN, OR
Mar 11, 2006 10:30 AM At local FedEx facility TUALATIN, OR Package not due for delivery
6:50 AM At dest sort facility PORTLAND, OR
Mar 10, 2006 9:50 PM At local FedEx facility PORTLAND, OR
4:53 PM At dest sort facility PORTLAND, OR
5:18 PM Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
2:46 AM In transit INDIANAPOLIS, IN
1:14 AM Int'l shipment release INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Mar 9, 2006 11:36 PM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
1:08 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
11:54 AM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Mar 8, 2006 6:50 PM Picked up SHANGHAI CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
6:50 PM Left origin SHANGHAI CN 6:00 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx

Now have to sit at work all day before going home to check it out!
MacBook Pro 2.16GHz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HD
( Last edited by bcaslis; Mar 13, 2006 at 06:34 PM. )
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 Ghz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD

arfung
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2006, 05:15 PM

I ordered a CTO 1.83 (120 HD, 2 GB RAM) through my school's education store on 1/14. Org ship date was 2/14, bumped to 2/28 (after auto-upgrade to 2.0GHz), bumped to 3/8. It shipped on 3/8, arrived at the store on 3/10. But, my education store then re-ships it to my office via fed ex again (don't ask), and so I'm not going to get it until tomorrow or weds.

Forum Links
Forum Rules