Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Themes on Mozilla

Themes on Mozilla
Miniryu
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2002, 01:18 AM

Alright, here's the deal...

I just waited half an hour waiting for a new version of Mozilla to download. Now that I launch it I realize that it didn't update my themes. I've tried playing with all of the files in the chrome folder, but I still can't figure out how to transfer all my themes from one version to the other.

Any suggestions?

I forgot to add that I have themes that are no longer available (or at least I can't find them on the internet anymore).

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Miniryu ]

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

Miniryu  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2002, 04:20 AM

I guess I picked the wrong time to ask this question- with all this MWSF going on I don't think anyone reads these other forums. <sigh>

My website

Tom_O
Jan 10, 2002, 01:40 PM

If you want to send me one of your themes, I'll see if it works for me   (Mozilla 0.9.7 / Dec. 21 build).

[email protected]

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2002, 02:54 PM

Mozilla is notorious for changing the locations of theme resources with each release. So, themes that work for one milestone may or may not work for the next one. This is why there is a huge vaccum of Mozilla themes. (If you ever look at the mozilla theme resources there are about 3000 of them, changing these for every release is just a PITA) To reinstall a Mozilla theme I *think* that you have to track down a copy of the theme and reinstall it, or go poking through the chrome files. You *can* get some Mozilla themes over http://www.themes.org/skins/mozilla/ Hope this helps.

Nick

(personally, I'd wait for mozilla to hit 1.0 before even hoping for any themes to start surfacing. Note: the themes on Netscapes site DO NOT WORK with any of the more recent mozilla builds)

Miniryu  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2002, 07:24 PM

I have 6 terrific themes that run on Mozilla 0.9.3 (2 were included). I should note that 2 of these ARE NETSCAPE 6.x themes, so I am assuming 0.9.3 is not considered a "recent" build, which really sucks because my favorite ones are the netscape themes.

I would love to send you a theme or two Tom_O, but I don't know which file(s) are the themes. I can identify a number of the resources, but as for a .sit .hqx etc. I don't know where to look. When I installed them I had Mozilla to it directly.

It looks like I'm stuck with either a bland browser or and older attractive one. Poop.

My website

Forum Links
Forum Rules