Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > War3 release date?

War3 release date?
parallax
Admin Emeritus
Sep 17, 2001, 04:14 PM

Anyone know or have a clue what the Warcraft III release date is?

Man, I'm hyped!
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain" (Schiller)

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2001, 12:36 AM

[edit] no joke, I just read December 2002.

(first guess was summer 2002, if ya missed it )...but knowing Blizzard I would say Summer, then factor in the Mac port...delays...etc....hell MWSF 2003?

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: juanvaldes ]
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

xyber233
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2001, 10:13 AM

Thats the game I want most right now. Check here.

The_Equivocator
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 18, 2001, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
<STRONG>[edit] no joke, I just read December 2002.

(first guess was summer 2002, if ya missed it )...but knowing Blizzard I would say Summer, then factor in the Mac port...delays...etc....hell MWSF 2003?
</STRONG>
I don't think it's going to be that late, but maybe... with Blizzard you never know. As for factoring in the Mac port, I'm expecting a simultaneous release for both Mac and PC. The Mac version of Diablo II took a week to come out while the Expansion Pack was released simultaneously on a single CD for both platforms. I'm expecting Blizzard to follow this trend and release Warcraft III for everyone on a dual CD.

[EDIT:] Actually, I just read on MacGamer's release date list that Warcraft III is set for a winter 2002 release. This doesn't mean December of 2002... it actually means Jan/Feb of 2002, which is what I remember hearing a few weeks ago. I have vague memories of reading that Warcraft 3 is supposed to come out early 2002, while Worlds of Warcraft is heading for a year after the release date of Warcraft 3. I'm guessing a mid 2002 for Warcraft 3 and a Q4 2002/Q1 2003 release for WoW. Again, just guesses.

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: The_Equivocator ]

Crunch Something

xyber233
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2001, 01:55 PM

Well, it does say Winter 2002. So if you want to get your hopes up, you couldtechnically say it could come in January or February seeing as it is still winter and just entered the 2002 year .

Forum Links
Forum Rules