Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Remote Access Problem

Remote Access Problem
darkprince
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 17, 2002, 09:04 AM

I just installed OS 9.2.1 on my 400 mhz iMac SE DVD. Remote access periodically turns itself on and then tries to dial up my ISP. While it is doing this the iMac freezes up.

My iMac is only connected to my telephone lines, however, when I intentionally connect to the internet. This of course means that remote access can't find my ISP.

I don't want remote access to turn itself on. I don't want my iMac freezing up while remote access is trying to connect to my ISP. What do I have to do to stop remote access from turning itself on and trying to dial up my ISP?

I didn't have this problem when I was using OS 9.1. I have looked through the manual on the harddrive but haven't found anything to help me.

<small>[ 07-17-2002, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: darkprince ]</small>

Forum Links
Forum Rules