Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Quicken - Quick Question

Quicken - Quick Question
Meadowfield
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2000, 06:59 AM

Overall, I find Quicken 2K to be more reliable than 98, but 97 and earlier generations had some features I miss...

After an online download of your latest banking activity the older edition used to list *all* the un-reconciled transactions so that one could "match" them manually if a transaction had been recorded erroneously. Now you must scroll through a narrow window to look for a match of a "new" transaction. Very time consuming indeed.

Similarly, sometimes a downloaded transaction doesn't automatically "match" when it clearly should, ie when the amount is identical to a previously recorded entry. Bummer. You have to delete one of them thereby increasing your chance of an error come reconcile time.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Paul

cweesner
Mar 30, 2000, 10:31 AM

You are not missing anything. I beta tested Q2K for Mac, and found numerous errors in the download transactions arena. Most of them were fixed prior to release, but it looks like there are still some out there, in particular the download not showing a match when it should. I am not sure if they are planning an update to solve these issues.

Fred Leonard
Mar 30, 2000, 01:24 PM

Quicken 2000 has another problem that 98 didn't have. I am using R3, and it still has the problem.

When entering an online payment, it will tell you it's too late to make the payment, and adjust the date up, however it doesn't adjust it up high enough, because when you actually send the items, you get errors on them all. To fix them, you have to just keep adding one day at a time, and resending until they go.

98 never did this, but 2000 always does.

AdamS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2000, 01:35 PM

Hi,

I've also had problems downloading transactions. These problems did not occur in Quicken 98.

For example, with American Express, sometimes the download fails due to error OL-206. It tells me to try again but it does not work until I call tech support.

Once, when trying to overcome the error OL-206, I entered the wrong password and I got a different error. Then, the next time I tried to download Amex transactions.

Sometimes my deposits that I enter manually into Quicken 2000 dont "match" with downloaded transactions until I enter "ATM" in the "type" field. Even though the amount and date match exactly.

Adam

AdamS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2000, 03:03 PM

Above, where I say

"Then, the next time I tried to download Amex transactions."

I meant...

"Then, the next time I tried to download Amex transactions, it worked."

Meadowfield  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2001, 11:41 AM

Damn! Same downloaded transaction matching problem persists in Quicken 2001 also! Anyone else?

Forum Links
Forum Rules