Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Doom 3 Mouse Glitch

Doom 3 Mouse Glitch
mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2005, 07:18 AM

Anyone having a glitch of the OS cursor on screen suring the game? New install on both my Dual 2 G5 and my 1.67GHz 15" PowerBook. I have an enlarged OS X cursor right in the middle of the Doom screen. It sits in front of everything, and doesn't move. It's like it's burned into the game screen. At the menus, I have the regulalr white Doom cursor that moves fr navigationi but this white outlined black cursor remains. IT's on menus, cut scenes and game play. Happens both with a mouse attached, just a trackpad, changing resolutions. No optio apparent to turn any releveant thing off.

So far, I've tried deleting doom.prefs, the entire app with reinstall to no availe.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

JFischel
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2005, 11:52 AM

I'm not having any issues with Doom 3 on my system. Are you using any third party mouse drivers? I'm using one of the wireless MS mice.

-Josh
20 Inch Intel iMac * MacBook 2 GHz * 60GB iPod * 4GB iPhone

Hydra
Senior User
Mar 22, 2005, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by JFischel:
I'm not having any issues with Doom 3 on my system. Are you using any third party mouse drivers? I'm using one of the wireless MS mice.

-Josh
This is actually common in many games. Do you have a DIVX component installed in there someplace. If so remove it and see of the problem persists. There may be on in you library/quicktime folders in your user and/or your main library.

-Jerry C.

arekkusu
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2005, 03:50 PM

And again, if any Aspyr folk are reading this, the fix is very easy. Call EnterMovies() once during init, even if you don't use QuickTime.

a2daj
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2005, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by arekkusu:
And again, if any Aspyr folk are reading this, the fix is very easy. Call EnterMovies() once during init, even if you don't use QuickTime.
Would that be considered more of a work around than a fix? I figure a real fix should come from Divx. But if the work around won't affect anything in the future it probably wouldn't hurt to add it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules