Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Lord of the Rings online on MBP

Lord of the Rings online on MBP
surfratt
May 2, 2007, 12:58 AM

I just got Lord of the Rings online and started playing through Boot Camp. No problems at all so far. Running nice! I have not played long, need to go to sleep. Wondering if anyone else is playing it on their MBP? If so how is it running? I have not done much, just created my character and did the solo instance, and now am in the starting town. I will update performance and quality of game as I play more. If anyone else is playing post thoughts too BTW I do have Wow and have been playing since launch. Just needed a break and have heard a lot of good things about his game.

surfratt  (op)
May 2, 2007, 08:39 PM

Quick update. Played for about 2 hours today. Most graphics setting on medium or high. Running fine. I need to use a program to figure out what my FPS is (Anyone know how to do it on xp pro?) Its not silky smooth at the graphics settings I have, but it looks beautiful and is totally playable. I will post more after more play time. I am liking the game so far. I am only at level 5 though. If anyone knows a good program to show me my fps in XP, let me know.

RogueSqdn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2007, 10:56 PM

For FPS in XP get Fraps, works in just about any program.
Rogue
-------

MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/2GB DDR2 RAM & Logitech BT MX1000.
"I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, makes you stronger!" -- Emperor Palpatine, Revenge of the Sith

Mike the Knife
Forum Regular
May 3, 2007, 09:42 AM

What are the stats on your MBP? I want to pick this game up I'm running a 2.16ghz C2D, 2gb ram, and 128mb x1600

surfratt  (op)
May 3, 2007, 10:20 PM

I have a 2ghz core duo 2Gig ram 7200rpm HD Ati X1600 256 mb GPU. I was getting anywhere from high teens to mid 20's FPS. I know thats not the best, and I know I can get much better FPS, but it looks so nice at the settings I have it at.

inkhead
Senior User
May 5, 2007, 08:30 PM

The video card is underclocked by default (thanks to Apple wanting a quiet machine), you can download ATI catalyst software and kick it back up to 400, instead of the 300 apple set it to.

Forum Links
Forum Rules