Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Unlocked Motorola KRZR Fire

FS: Unlocked Motorola KRZR Fire
dmcnickle
Senior User
Mar 19, 2007, 10:16 AM

I am selling a never used unlocked Motorola KRZR Fire cell phone.
My daughter bought it on ebay for $250 from a wireless dealer in NYC. It is not branded with any wireless carrier.
She found out she could upgrade her phone with cingular to the KRZR and decided to go that route.
It comes with everything that was included in the box.
It was opened and I changed the language to English.

Asking price is $185 shipped.

I have sold on this forum, FredMiranda forums and have 100% feedback on ebay

pm or email if interested or with offers.

grandamtuner88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2007, 11:21 PM

How do you accept payment and what is method of shipment? $175 and we have a deal.

Linx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2007, 12:04 AM

Is the phone CDMA or GSM?

Interested in trading for a 30 GB iPod Video?

dmcnickle  (op)
Senior User
Mar 21, 2007, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by grandamtuner88 View Post
How do you accept payment and what is method of shipment? $175 and we have a deal.
shipment would be via UPS and payment via paypal would be fine.
we can have a deal.
pm me for details

SLiMeX
Senior User
Mar 22, 2007, 05:55 PM

I think the $185 is overpriced, and I believe she got ripped off if she bought it for $250. You can buy these phones from Verizon for $100 or less. I'd give you that; shipped.
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

dmcnickle  (op)
Senior User
Mar 22, 2007, 06:34 PM

The $100 price from Verizon is with a 2 year contract.
This phone is unlocked and requires no contract

Rooskibar03
Mar 24, 2007, 04:22 PM

The phone is either set up for a SIM card carrier ( T-Mobile or Cingular) or non SIM (CDMA) which is Sprint or Verizon. This would be helpful information for prospective buyers.

grandamtuner88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2007, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by dmcnickle View Post
shipment would be via UPS and payment via paypal would be fine.
we can have a deal.
pm me for details
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. Upon reflecting, I am not too fond of the "fire" color.
Additionally, SliMex makes a good point: even with cingular, I could get a new krzr for $100, or in my case, $150 with a qualified upgrade. If you could make me a deal comparable to cingular's, I would be ready to purchase the product. Thanks again.
P.s.: I would need some instruction as to how to conduct the transation as I am new to this site as well as ebay and paypal.

SLiMeX
Senior User
Mar 30, 2007, 12:21 AM

My offer goes up to $120, shipped.
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

sledsbehave
Senior User
Mar 30, 2007, 01:44 PM

i just got this phone free w/verizon... they gave me the online price in-store ($50) and gave me the $50 mail in rebate instantly...

i like it, i'm not sure what the advantage of having it unlocked would be?
as ever,
sonny

aquilles10
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2007, 03:12 PM

Well, here is my attempt at clarifying some of the misunderstandings in this post.

The KRZR is offered in both CDMA & GSM versions. In a CDMA version it is either locked to Verizon cannot be "unlocked" to use with the other provider. This version is called the KRZR K1m. These phones don't have any SIM cards that you can simply swap out and use with another service provider.

A GSM (KRZR K1) version is offered by Cingular and soon by T-Mobile. These KRZR's use a SIM card and like all phones subsidized in the U.S. & Canada, locked to a carrier. If it's unlocked then it means you can switch service between T-Mobile and Cingular and be capable of using the same phone. You can also use this same phone overseas, where GSM is widely used, without having to use Cingular or T-Mobile roaming.

The advantage of having an unlocked GSM phone (besides the overseas travel) is the fact that you would not be locked into a contract. The service providers will give you a phone at a discounted rate, but you will be locked into a two year contract with them. Two years is insane for a cell phone contract, but this is the way of the world in the U.S. cell phone market.

For what it's worth the CDMA version, the KRZR K1m (thanks motorola) seems to be selling for @$250 on eBay. While the K1 is $269 here unlocked. If you are in the market for a phone without a contract from Verizon or Cingular or T-Mobile, then this could be a good deal. But dmcnickle needs to clear up who is his daughter's service provider...

sledsbehave
Senior User
Mar 30, 2007, 10:27 PM

i think the confusion stems from it being the krzr "fire" which is only offered from verizon right?
as ever,
sonny

Forum Links
Forum Rules