Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > eFax on OS X

eFax on OS X
string66
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 4, 2002, 01:37 PM

I've used the eFax service for years under OS9 (www.efax.com) Works beautifully � and free � but there appears to be no eFax messenger (the reader app) for OS X. You can open multi-page tiffs in Preview, but when you print them they come out reversed (and they print really slow)

Any other eFax users have a solution for this under OS X? You can run under Classic of course but it's a pain to have to load Classic just for one app.

Note this is not the Cocoa eFax product which is some kind of faxing program I believe - the eFax service forwards faxes to your email address as attachments - it's extremely useful.

TonyRado
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2002, 02:08 PM

I've been using tiff-sight to view/print my efaxes (check version tracker). It has worked GREAT with 10.1.5, but haven't tried it in Jag yet.

The Evener
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 4, 2002, 06:06 PM

Of course, I can't find the link or information source right now, but during the last five days I came across either a magazine article or e-mail digest that said you can use Preview in Jaguar to view efax .tiff files. The new preview has a thumbnail pane for pages, and the author claimed that it could be used an an eFax viewing client. I don't have any eFax's on hand to try it out, so if someone else has Jaguar an and efax, give it a whirl and post back here with the results.

"Psssst..."

bradr
Forum Regular
Sep 4, 2002, 10:20 PM

I can't get it to work with Preview.

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2002, 10:27 PM

Originally posted by The Evener:
Of course, I can't find the link or information source right now, but during the last five days I came across either a magazine article or e-mail digest that said you can use Preview in Jaguar to view efax .tiff files. The new preview has a thumbnail pane for pages, and the author claimed that it could be used an an eFax viewing client. I don't have any eFax's on hand to try it out, so if someone else has Jaguar an and efax, give it a whirl and post back here with the results.
Like the first poster said, you can view them fine, but they print backwards.

The Evener
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 5, 2002, 02:07 AM

Originally posted by Timo:

Like the first poster said, you can view them fine, but they print backwards.
Usually, I'm awake when I visit these forums, but I was clearly asleep when I missed that point in the original post.

"Psssst..."

Forum Links
Forum Rules