Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > RCMP Officer puts another black eye on the force...

RCMP Officer puts another black eye on the force...
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2011, 05:03 PM

It seems like every year now a few bad apples in the force do great harm. The other day a police officer was caught using excessive force in a arrest. It was caught on Video so unlike many allegations of excessive force this one can actually be seen. Its probably why its created such a reaction so far.

Before I post the video a little history on what happened.

From the responding cops point of view the only information they had was a man with mental problems, a x employe of a gulf course was seen at the gulf course with a gun. At some point shots where herd so it was a shots fired call. Thats all the cops responding knew. So I have no problems with how they first approached the man guns drawn. Up until that point it was fine and expected.

The problem was as the mean got out of the truck and was already mostly on the ground being totally compliant with the cops one officer did a wind up kick to the guys face knocking him over totally leaving a big pool of blood. The officer was not in any risk at all when he did it.

Now for the sad part, the details. The Guy was not a x worker but a current worker. He was off due to brain injuries received from a motorcycle accident a year before. He is a grounds keeper for the golf course and part of his duties was firing banger shoots at birds on the course to clear them. So he was licensed and had a permit and was basically just doing his job as part of his back to work training to get back to full working status. So basically a older man got his face kicked in for no reason. As a gun owner myself this kind of over reaction by police absolutely trouble me.

Video 1
Raw unedited high quality of what happened
YouTube - Kelowna BC Police Brutality

Video 2
More in-depth report on what happened
YouTube - Kelowna RCMP Police brutality to law abiding individual

Personally I hope they throw the book at this officer. There is no doubt he will be charged but historically they never get much of a sentence. I hope in this case he gets a few years for his over reaction.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jan 8, 2011, 06:18 PM

Should have tazed him.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Should have tazed him.
Between the kick to the face and a taser I think a taser would have been better. Either would be unnecessary.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2011, 07:04 PM

Can't wait for the badge-lickers to show up.

So yeah, cops continue to employ excessive force on a regular basis because there are no institutional repercussions. The only time cops ever get sh!t is when they are caught on video, and even then they rarely get fired or charged.

Oh, and the RCMP also thinks disclosure to the defence is too expensive: RCMP wants less strict rules on disclosure to defence lawyers - The Globe and Mail

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Can't wait for the badge-lickers to show up.

So yeah, cops continue to employ excessive force on a regular basis because there are no institutional repercussions. The only time cops ever get sh!t is when they are caught on video, and even then they rarely get fired or charged.

Oh, and the RCMP also thinks disclosure to the defence is too expensive: RCMP wants less strict rules on disclosure to defence lawyers - The Globe and Mail
OUCH, I didn't see that one. I'd fight that tooth and nail. Maybe they should waste less money interfering with politics so they have the money to disclose stuff to defence lawyers. The RCMP had a big hand to play in keeping the pathetic gun registry going.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2011, 08:19 PM

Man, you Canadians are pussies.
Pathetic little kick from the copper.
Pathetic level of bleeding from the victim (really, you start bleeding from a little "love kick" like that?).
Copper was way wrong. Needs Bubba in his shower.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

freudling
Banned
Jan 9, 2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Pathetic level of bleeding from the victim (really, you start bleeding from a little "love kick" like that?).
Good old Doofy, sitting in his mother's basement on his MacBook Pro, with no real connection to the outside world. We sure are pussies.

You name the place and time, I'll be there, guaranteed.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2011, 09:19 AM

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jan 9, 2011, 05:11 PM

Can't wait for lpk to show...oh oops.

Wait...was the thread title supposed to be a pun?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Jan 9, 2011, 05:20 PM

Can't wait for lpk to show...oh oops.

Wait...was the thread title supposed to be a pun?

freudling
Banned
Jan 10, 2011, 01:28 AM

Come on Doofy I know you've been through the forums. I'm still waiting. American Airlines flies out of here to pretty much anywhere in the US, everyday. I'm 110% serious. I can take a day off anytime I want. You and me, together, can chat in person about how Canadians are pussies.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2011, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by freudling View Post
Come on Doofy I know you've been through the forums. I'm still waiting. American Airlines flies out of here to pretty much anywhere in the US, everyday. I'm 110% serious. I can take a day off anytime I want. You and me, together, can chat in person about how Canadians are pussies.
Ahhh. That other famous Canuckistani attribute - humour.

Why would you be wanting to fly to the US if you wanted a face-to-face chat with old Doof? Surely you'd be wanting to fly to England?

freudling
Banned
Jan 10, 2011, 04:01 AM

Ahhh. That other famous Canuckistani attribute - humour.

Why would you be wanting to fly to the US if you wanted a face-to-face chat with old Doof? Surely you'd be wanting to fly to England?
Let's do it. Your move.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2011, 04:05 AM

You can never go wrong with intimidating people over the internet. That is one reason I like to remind Doofy that he wears bow ties and watches the Care Bears.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2011, 04:07 AM

Let's do it. Your move.
You're seriously "offering me on"? What are you, 12?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2011, 04:09 AM

freudling
Banned
Jan 10, 2011, 04:21 AM

You're seriously "offering me on"? What are you, 12?
You publicly insulted and belittled an entire nation of people in response to police brutality. About a man cooperating with police, on all fours, kicked in the face with a steel toed boot.

The validity of it being excessive force is both clear in the video, and by the fact that the RCMP is investigating it as a criminal matter.

I've seen people killed from blows to the face and head like this.

Your comments are disgusting.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2011, 04:37 AM

You publicly insulted and belittled an entire nation of people in response to police brutality. About a man cooperating with police, on all fours, kicked in the face with a steel toed boot.

The validity of it being excessive force is both clear in the video, and by the fact that the RCMP is investigating it as a criminal matter.

I've seen people killed from blows to the face and head like this.

Your comments are disgusting.
Try reading the white bits.

screener
Senior User
Jan 10, 2011, 04:53 AM

Try reading the white bits.
From reading most of your previous posts, I can only come to the conclusion that this one wasn't sarcasm.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2011, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by screener View Post
From reading most of your previous posts, I can only come to the conclusion that this one wasn't sarcasm.
You must be a Canuck pussy then.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 10, 2011, 05:17 AM

This is stupid even by pol/war forum standards. Start a new thread if anyone actually wants to discuss the topic.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules