Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Money burnt a hole in my pocket

Money burnt a hole in my pocket
wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 25, 2004, 01:55 AM

Okay so I just decided that since sony doesn't seem to support the Mac platform for their Mini Disc players (which I have) I decided to sell the thing and go for an iPod. Tonight I purchased a shiny new 20gig 4th gen iPod w/ my edu discount. I can't wait until the thing gets to my dorm. I move in thursday, so it shouldn't be long after that Anyway, just wanted to rant! I love this new Powerbook, and now it's going to have a friend

EDIT: okay I got a bit excited. I'm going to do some searching, but if anyone has any recomendations on a case that would make it easy to bring my iPod to the gym I'd be happy! I want something that either clips firmly to my waist or better yet an arm band style mount... thanks!
( Last edited by wuzup101; Aug 25, 2004 at 02:09 AM. )
Mac: 15" 1.5ghz PB w/ 128mb vid, 5400rpm 80gb, combo drive, 2gb ram
Peripherals: 20gb 4g iPod, Canon i950, Canon S230 "elph", Canon LIDE30, Logitech MX510, Logitech z5500, M-Audio Sonica Theater, Samsung 191T
PC: AMD "barton" XP @ 2.3ghz, 1gb pc3200, 9800pro 128mb, 120gb WD-SE 120gb
Xbox: 1.6, modded with X3 xecuter, slayers evoX 2.6, WDSE 120gb HDD

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Aug 25, 2004, 02:01 AM

MiniDisc, that is so 1996.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 25, 2004, 07:11 PM

My GF has one of these. Definitely keeps the sweat off. The clip seems a little... floppy. Not insecure mind you, but the weight of the iPod causes the plastic skin to stretch out and the whole thing kinda flops around a bit. She ends up holding it in her hand at the gym. The clip really needs to be anchored in two places.

Stay far, far, away from the Apple case. Not only does the tag scratch the thing up, there's the question of when the clip will snap off (not if, will). With me it was in my pocket, others haven't been so lucky.

Nacente
Aug 26, 2004, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
MiniDisc, that is so 1996.
Not necessarily, mine was from 2002.

sketch
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2004, 09:27 AM

So was mine! New ones are coming out, like the new Hi-MD.
Switcher here! PowerBook G4 1.67 avec 2GB ram. Running 10.3.9.

Forum Links
Forum Rules