Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > IE Position Fix

IE Position Fix
surferboy
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 3, 2008, 02:28 PM

I am having trouble getting something to line up the same way in IE 6 as it does in Safari, etc. Please keep in mind, this site is under development, and has only test content.

On my homepage, I have navigation arrows on a slide show that display well in Safari and Firefox, but the alignment is off for IE 6 (have not tested 7 yet). Can someone please help me figure out how to add a CSS "hack" that will help me get the alignment right for IE? I can post the code, but don't want to clog up the forum. For those images, I am currently using position:relative css.

Again, the site has only test content- nothing meaningful. It can be found at Saint Louis-Clayton Orthopedic Group - Introducing the HiveMind Design

Thanks

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Feb 4, 2008, 11:23 AM

1. Go here, and download
2. Include lines of code to activate hack:
Code:
<!-- compliance patch for microsoft browsers --> <!--[if lt IE 7]><script src="/ie7/ie7-standard-p.js" type="text/javascript"></script><![endif]-->
3.Test in browsers

It should be noted that Microsoft is forcing the Explorer 7 upgrade this month (I think), so while there may be some left out, most of your userbase will be using IE7, which fixes most of the CSS problems.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2008, 01:25 PM

If you have a margin tag you are using to position elements. You might need to use a display:inline on the CSS tag, in some cases IE 6 will ignore the margins, unless there is a display:inline tag.

mytag {
margin: yes please;
padding: whatever;
}

needs to be

mytag {
display:inline;
margin: yes please;
padding: whatever;
}

Forum Links
Forum Rules