Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Printing with AEBS

Printing with AEBS
Robe
Forum Regular
Jun 21, 2003, 06:22 AM

I have my AEBS up and running. Printing WAS working fine from all connected macs; now, the printer fires up, but does not print. The Print Center app stall at connecing to printer and the status changes to "jobs stopped". As I said, it WAS working. Also, connecting my AL 17 directly to the printer works fine.

Robe  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 29, 2003, 09:53 AM

Can anyone help me out with this?

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 29, 2003, 11:14 AM

Have you done ANYTHING to the AEBS in between noting that printing worked and noting that it didn't? Anything like updating software or firmware? Also, have you checked the cable between the printer and the AEBS? It should be really well seated at both ends. Try turning everything OFF for a while, too (and I mean OFF, not sleeping) then see if it works.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

JohnM15141
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2003, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by Robe:
Can anyone help me out with this?
I've had this happen to me a couple times. I'm using a HP 970Cse plugged into my AEBS WAN port.

Using Airport 5.1 software it hasn't happened, but when it did happen, my fix was to reinstall my Printer driver on my 17inch PB then reselect the printer in the Print Center Utility.

I also noticed that some of my remote print jobs get hung up in the job list until I select and run the Print Center Utility.

TAZ
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2003, 01:27 PM

Had the same thing happen to me after I updated to the latest firmware. I opened Print Center and deleted the printer and re added it. Has worked fine since.

Forum Links
Forum Rules