Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Where Is My 700Mhz iMac

Where Is My 700Mhz iMac
AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2001, 07:50 PM

My friend's family ordered TWO (2) iMacs, both 700 Mhz. Neither have shipped. We have both started school, and my friend still does not have a comp (this post is on his behalf).

Has anyone received their 700 Mhz iMacs? This is outrageous!! Well past the 7 weeks ship date quoted on the outer end. This is Crazy, not reflecting well on the company.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 8, 2001, 08:50 PM

Perhaps they're not going to make the 700-megahertz iMac and have discontinued the entire line. I'm not sure what's going on exactly, but nobody I know has 700-megahertz iMacs.

I think they should have let us know what was going on straight up. Jobs said you'd be able to find these new iMacs immediately, so what gives?

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 9, 2001, 01:43 AM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
<STRONG>Perhaps they're not going to make the 700-megahertz iMac and have discontinued the entire line. I'm not sure what's going on exactly, but nobody I know has 700-megahertz iMacs.

I think they should have let us know what was going on straight up. Jobs said you'd be able to find these new iMacs immediately, so what gives?</STRONG>
AppleCello, don't listen to Sean, he's a Windoz user.
Tell your friend to call up Apple and bitch. They gave him a quote and they have GREATLY let it slip. Try to find out how many people are in front of him in line for shipping machines. And make sure to let them know how this is reflecting on the company, stuff like that scares the crap out of companies.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

GraphiteBoi
Forum Regular
Sep 9, 2001, 05:43 AM

my 700 MHZ iMac is being assembled now...my friend ordered one the day they came out and it has shipped. He will be recieving it on monday.
i Think, therefore iMac.

lee vieira
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 9, 2001, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
<STRONG>Perhaps they're not going to make the 700-megahertz iMac and have discontinued the entire line. </STRONG>
Yah...or maybe there was a big fire and the Cupertino HQ burned to the ground in a towering inferno. Or maybe all the assembly line workers are being held hostage by Osama Bin Laden. Or perhaps the world as we know it is coming to an end as foretold in Revelations, so the shippers figure, "Hey, why bother?"

Or...more radical still...perhaps the 700 MHz iMacs are merely a little LATE, like computer products are often known to be, and all of the above is jumping to unfounded conclusions.

Wow, wotta concept.

--lee vieira

murbot
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 9, 2001, 01:46 PM

Or...more radical still...perhaps the 700 MHz iMacs are merely a little LATE, like computer products are often known to be, and all of the above is jumping to unfounded conclusions.
Well now you're just talking crazy, man.

ae77
Forum Regular
Sep 9, 2001, 02:01 PM

just call apple dude. find out what's going on. you aren't gonna find out by posting in forums.

good luck.
^_^

Forum Links
Forum Rules