Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > backyard baseball 2003 question

backyard baseball 2003 question
charlesotis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2007, 08:37 PM

yea so i bought it because its a cool game. well the requirement is mac 8.1 or later. I have osx and it says that it doesnt support the application on the system. any suggestions?

kelso
Forum Regular
May 7, 2007, 10:06 PM

Run under Classic. Or bootup under OS9 startup disk. If you have one.

charlesotis  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2007, 11:16 PM

how do i run under classic?

Timetheus
Forum Regular
May 7, 2007, 11:32 PM

OS X is a different architecture entirely than OS 8 - therefore software made only for "Classic" - which is any Mac OS numbered 9 or lower - will not run in OS X. If your Mac is Intel-based (i.e. MacBook, MacBook Pro, or CoreDuo anything) it is impossible (or at least not easy or efficient) to run Classic Software in OS X. If, and only if, you own a PowerPC based Mac (i.e. iBook, PowerBook, or any G3, G4, or G5 based system) than it is possible.

You would need and installation of OS 9 for classic emulation to work in OS X. This emulation works automatically (i.e. when you launch the app the classic environment loads automatically). Since this does not seem to occur with your system - you most likely do not, or possibly cannot, have OS 9 on your machine. Therefore, you would need to get a copy - but again, only if you have a PowerPC Mac, and not an Intel one (Classic was never, and will never be, compiled for Intel).

In short, it's a lot of work for one game.

charlesotis  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2007, 11:36 PM

well balls

Forum Links
Forum Rules