Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Kodak unveils new Mac-oriented scanner model

Kodak unveils new Mac-oriented scanner model
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
May 20, 2013, 09:53 AM

Kodak, continuing its journey back from bankruptcy, has introduced a ScanMate i940 scanner specifically aimed at Apple users for the North American and European market. In addition to featuring increase image accuracy and precision capture, the unit now comes bundled with NewSoft software for Macs, including Presto Pagemanager 9 for scanning images and doing OCR on the scanner as well as Presto BizCard Xpress business card-scanning software.

Both programs have been customized to include Kodak's "Perfect Page" technology, allowing users to convert files to searchable PDFs, emails, printed copies, or store documents locally. Scans can also be synced to Google Docs or Evernote.

The i940 itself features simultaneous creation of color or B&W versions of scanned documents, and includes auto-cropping, de-skewing, image rotation, auto-brightness and auto-contrast. The unit can hold up to 20 documents at a time using its automatic document feeder. It can capture images at 20 pages per minute (ppm) or up to 40 ppm in B&W or grayscale mode. The unit can work on USB power only, making it usable as a portable scanner -- but reduces operations to a maximum of 8ppm at 200 dpi.

The US version of the i940 for Mac users is sold as the i940M in North America, and retails for $499. It works with OS X 10.6 and higher. The European version sells for À440 ($565).

localnet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2013, 12:13 PM

Fujitsu... Enough said.

Forum Links
Forum Rules