Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > New "Leather" Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

New "Leather" Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
srfdriver22
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2003, 03:46 PM

Does anyone own this? What is your opinion on it? Also, does the side-scrolling (tilting the scroll wheel) and all buttons work in Panther?

Thanks.

derbs
Senior User
Oct 30, 2003, 12:06 PM

leather!?!?

Sounds interesting. Could you post a link? I can't find any info on the M$ site.

PeterKG
Senior User
Oct 30, 2003, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by srfdriver22:
Does anyone own this? What is your opinion on it? Also, does the side-scrolling (tilting the scroll wheel) and all buttons work in Panther?

Thanks.
The scroll wheel tilt for side to side movement works in Panther. But will you post a link in regards to the leather mouse which sounds hidious. Can you imagine the germs, sweat and dirt that think will hold?
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2003, 01:59 PM

Here

Black Leather is a color option. I can't tell if it's real leather or just textured plastic. Probably the latter, or rubberized.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2003, 02:21 PM

oof.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2003, 02:27 PM

It's real leather. I've seen one. Looking at all the gunk on my plastic mouse, I'm thinking the leather one would become rather disgusting ... not to mention a little smelly ...

kovacs
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2003, 02:37 PM

I don't know if I really want real leather it probably will get sweaty real soon...

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2003, 02:39 PM

LOL.. when will we see a leather KB or gamepad from M$.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2003, 02:15 AM

I have a leather mousepad from Coach that I rather like. They gave it to me free after a pair of gloves of theirs disintegrated (all the stitching came out).

srfdriver22  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2003, 02:48 PM

Sorry for the late reply...my internet connection has been really crappy as of late.

Anyways, I did pick up the mouse today. In fact, i've only had it for 15minutes.

It feels like pleather and is rather nice. It's smooth, the smooth scrollwheel is nice. The leather is comfy and doesn't look like it'll get discusting. Though none of my mice (post-mouseball) have become discusting anyways.

My only problems so far is setting up the two buttons on the side for Expose. I'd love to set those up but they just don't work for some reason. Intellimouse drivers are installed (I haven't looked for an updated version yet...maybe after work) and Expose are set to use the two buttons. I'm hoping it's just the drivers.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2003, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by srfdriver22:
My only problems so far is setting up the two buttons on the side for Expose. I'd love to set those up but they just don't work for some reason. Intellimouse drivers are installed (I haven't looked for an updated version yet...maybe after work) and Expose are set to use the two buttons. I'm hoping it's just the drivers.
Ditch the MS drivers and get USB Overdrive. It's da bomb yo.

(check versiontracker)

Hydra
Senior User
Oct 31, 2003, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by PeterKG:
... the leather mouse which sounds hidious. Can you imagine the germs, sweat and dirt that think will hold?

I was considering this mouse to replace my MX700, but then I remembered how much I love my MX700

You must not drive very much You may want to stay away from steering wheels. I know my hands would get a little sweaty cracking past 150MPH in my Porsche once in a while

-Jerry C.
( Last edited by Hydra; Oct 31, 2003 at 07:20 PM. )

srfdriver22  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2003, 09:53 PM

Still having some problems. I installed USB Overdrive and just set the 4th and 5th buttons to go the 4th and 5th click. However, Expose still won't work when set to the 4th and 5th buttons.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

srfdriver22  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2003, 10:15 PM

Nevermind, I got it. I took out USB Overdrive and set the buttons in the MS Intellimouse panel to do keystrokes (F9, F11, etc).

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 2, 2003, 01:02 PM

Originally posted by Wiskedjak:
It's real leather. I've seen one. Looking at all the gunk on my plastic mouse, I'm thinking the leather one would become rather disgusting ... not to mention a little smelly ...
Curious that you mention that, cuz I've noticed over the years the huge spread between computer users: some leave HUGE deposits of gunk on their input devices; others, like myself, don't really leave any.

I wonder what causes the difference?*

tooki

*Well, the very worst case of mouse gunk (on the top, not the ball) was this kid I knew who had CP, so he had extremely sweaty palms.

Link
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2003, 05:07 PM

um... leather?

Just what I need. My mouse sticking to me ona hot day.
Aloha

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2003, 09:44 PM

I vote naugahyde

TeknoTurd
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 4, 2003, 09:51 PM

Leather how gay is that? Now M$ is catering to the S&M market

Forum Links
Forum Rules