Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Printer Connection help?

Printer Connection help?
Matt OS X
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 05:05 PM

I'm having a problem hooking up hp psc 2410 all-in-one to Airport Extreme Base Station. I added a Printer list in System Preference under "Printer & Fax" All I see a IP number ? I tried to print and it wouldn't work? I've tried "Printer HELP" and couldn't find how?

it's not working because of what? Or am I missing something?? Thanks in Advance!

"Unfortunately, no one can be told what Mac OS X is... you must see it for yourself."

Matt OS X  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2005, 10:29 AM

*Bump* anyone??

"Unfortunately, no one can be told what Mac OS X is... you must see it for yourself."

G-mac
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 15, 2005, 01:48 PM

What system are you using? I've using OS X 10.4.2 and Bonjour (same as Rendevous)

I'm running a Samsung ML-1710 through my Airport Express without many issues. Both my PM and iMac are using the printer wirelessly, although sometimes the connections will be dropped. I'll have to open up printer setup or simply re-add the printer through the printer dialogue.

Did you set up your Print/Fax Preferences to allow printer sharing?

Matt OS X  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2005, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by G-mac
What system are you using? I've using OS X 10.4.2 and Bonjour (same as Rendevous)

I'm running a Samsung ML-1710 through my Airport Express without many issues. Both my PM and iMac are using the printer wirelessly, although sometimes the connections will be dropped. I'll have to open up printer setup or simply re-add the printer through the printer dialogue.

Did you set up your Print/Fax Preferences to allow printer sharing?
Yes it's running on 10.4.2, too. and the "allow printer sharing" is on. Here's what it looks like when I clicked on "add printer" the list came like this (Pic below).I see "hp psc 2400 series" with Bonjour shown but it wont let me "ADD" this printer.
What do I do next?

( Last edited by Matt OS X; Aug 15, 2005 at 06:33 PM. )

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 15, 2005, 06:53 PM

Not a discussion of Mac OS. Please use Peripherals forum.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules