Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Importing from Netscape

Importing from Netscape
Dennis
Mar 26, 2000, 11:03 PM

I have not been able to import address books
from netscape into outlook express since 4.7
has been out. Checking thru the files I cannot
seem to even locate where the address book is kept in order to point OE. Has anyone else had this problem...all other messages and information is imported.

Eric CH
Mar 27, 2000, 09:37 AM

I've successfully imported the adresses a first time, but then for some reason I deleted all the adresses and tried to re-import them again, couldn't import them, even when the preferences were deleted. :-(

DrCJames
Mar 27, 2000, 09:43 AM

My problem is similar but I cannot import any of my 128 bit encrypted Netscape Communicator Mail, Addresses or any settings. I know where the address books are but do not "see" them when I import.

Any thoughts,

Jim

ATP Tour Fan
Mar 28, 2000, 11:07 PM

Same here. i have 128bit Communicator 4.72 and when I select my Netscape Users folder, it says it was unable to import!

It's very annoying. There's no way for me to import now.

vorring
Mar 30, 2000, 02:12 PM

I'm not able to import my Netscape address books either.
I was able to import messages by making sure the user profile folder was in the Netscape users folder located in system references:

[This message has been edited by vorring (edited 03-30-2000).]

vorring
Mar 30, 2000, 02:14 PM

I'm not able to import my Netscape address books either.
I was able to import messages by making sure the user profile folder was in the Netscape users folder located in system references:

MGM
Apr 15, 2000, 10:32 AM

Try exporting the addressbook file as recommended to the desktop. It will appear as an ldif file. Then open the Communicator folder and open "Addressbook Export" which should appear at the beginning of the list of files. This application program converts ldif files to csv or tsv files which can then pseudo-successfully be imported into OE 5.02.

Larry767
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 22, 2000, 04:28 PM

Tried the Netscape export program recommended above. The data all showed up in OE with "" (quotes) around it, even the empty fields contained quotes. Not very useful. How do you make it ignore the quotes?

------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules