Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Bottom 1/3rd of trackpad will not two-finger scroll. Is this normal?

Bottom 1/3rd of trackpad will not two-finger scroll. Is this normal?
Ham Sandwich
Dec 26, 2011, 08:44 PM

Sometimes, I cannot seem to use my Pro Macbook to do two-finger scrolling if I start with my two fingers below the bottom 1/3rd of the trackpad. Other times, it works fine, or is jittery.
Though it nearly always seems to work if I start with my two fingers above it.
I can't remember if it's always been like this.
Is this normal for this Macbook?

Pro Macbook 2.2 GHz 4 core
March 2011 model

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Dec 26, 2011, 08:46 PM

Never noticed that on mine.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 26, 2011, 09:47 PM

Mine works everywhere. Early 2011 MBP.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Ham Sandwich
Dec 27, 2011, 11:31 AM

What now is going on with this site?
I swear every time I come here there's a server problem. I can't navigate this site because easypicturehost.com is not loading, and apparently Firefox needs to wait for this site to load before loading anything on MacNN.
What's going on????????

Ham Sandwich
Dec 27, 2011, 01:06 PM

Weird, now it seems to happen sometimes and only on some forums, but not on this one.
The trackpad problem also seems to be an issue when scrolling over embedded YouTube videos.
But even with no flash, I've been on forums with really weird CSSs, and that has caused some sketchy trackpad behavior.
Edit: Nope, it's, well, I was just able to reproduce the problem here, now it's fine... it's like 4 out of 5 times it works fine, but it always works fine when I use the rest of the trackpad. Stubborn, hard to describe further.

Forum Links
Forum Rules