Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America: The Drinking Thread

Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America: The Drinking Thread (Page 5)
andi*pandi
Feb 24, 2017, 09:08 PM

It's a fair cop.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 25, 2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
These are witches who are into bunnies, eggs, and pine trees at solstice. Not related to Christianity at all.
It says they're of all stripes, including liberal Christians, pagans, etc..
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 25, 2017, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
It's a fair cop.
A scam is "fair"?

andi*pandi
Feb 25, 2017, 12:03 PM

It was in reference to the screengrab.

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Feb 26, 2017 at 08:35 PM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 25, 2017, 12:22 PM

Kek

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 25, 2017, 02:51 PM

*takes a shot*

The Final Shortcut
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2017, 03:41 PM

Ehh. It had a 50% chance of showing up here before you posted.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 25, 2017, 04:38 PM

Our new POTUS' insatiable need to try to take credit for things that have nothing to do with him and that he likely wouldn't even know about if he didn't see it on a Fox News segment is beyond tiresome.

President Donald Trump asked on Twitter why the media hasn’t reported that the national debt has dropped since his inauguration. One explanation, some economists said: Trump couldn’t have had anything to do with it.

“Anything that has happened to the debt has been on autopilot since Obama left," said Laurence Kotlikoff, an economics professor at Boston University. “If anything, he is taking credit for something Obama did."

The president took to Twitter on Saturday morning to say that the national debt declined by $12 billion in his first month in office compared with a $200 billion increase in Barack Obama’s first month in office. The tweet followed a Fox News segment on which former presidential candidate Herman Cain made the same statement.

Trump’s numbers are accurate. The national debt of $19.9 trillion did decrease $12 billion -- six-hundredths of 1 percent -- from his first day in office until his 30th. It’s also true the debt fluctuates by billions of dollars each day, and the current spending and tax revenue levels that drive those short-term variances were set by the last administration. Trump hasn’t had a chance in his first weeks to change the level of revenue collected through higher taxes or cut federal spending through a new budget.

The $14.4 billion in debt held by the public, rather than as securities in government trust funds, was $94 million lower on Feb. 21 than on Jan. 20, when Trump was inaugurated. But the following day, the debt level popped back up more than $1 billion due to regular changes in spending and revenue.

We applaud the president for focusing on the debt as an important metric of success and economic health, but would point out that the improvement this early in his term has to do with normal fluctuations in spending and revenues rather than new policies he has implemented," said Maya MacGuineas, president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

A White House spokesman wasn’t immediately available for comment.
Trump Seeks Credit for Debt Reduction Driven by Normal Cash Flow | Bloomberg.com

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 25, 2017, 05:06 PM

I think it should be expected someone who isn't a politician will encounter a learning curve when it comes to running the government of a superpower.

That said, I think it's fair to expect a businessman to understand how a budget works.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 25, 2017, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Is this what the anti Trump forces have been to reduced to? How can you use Satan to bind Satan?
You know witches don't tend to believe in Satan right?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 25, 2017, 08:47 PM

^^^

Oh come on now. We all know that for millions of people on this planet "Not Jesus = Satan". And expecting them to have even a cursory understanding of anything outside of a Judeo-Christian paradigm is very often a bridge too far.

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 25, 2017, 10:39 PM

"Not Jesus" is probably a bit too all-encompassing, but Christianity frowning on witchcraft isn't exactly new, and I think they'd argue it was the work of Satan even if Satan isn't directly invoked.

Satan is tricksy that way.

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 25, 2017, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
You know witches don't tend to believe in Satan right?
He believes in them.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 26, 2017, 11:20 AM

The common version of Satan doesn't make a lot of sense.
He was god's favourite son and right hand guy, they developed political differences and he tries to stage a coup. The coup fails and he is eternally banished to rule in hell. So far, so sensical.
Going from captain of the angels to most evil entity in the universe is a heck of a political swing but its his new job thats weird:

He punishes the other evil doers, torturing their souls in hell. If he just stayed there and let them come to him this would be ok, but apparently he gets all over the place tempting people to become evil in the first place. Maybe he isn't punishing them for the sins he tricks them into. Maybe he's punishing them for when they were good. So he finds good people he wants to get even with, tricks them into sinning so he can have them. This makes way more sense. Now if this is the case, your best bet for a comfortable eternity might be to be as evil as you can from day one until you die. If you're never good then Satan won't want to punish you and you'll get to be one of his crew in hell. Way easier than being devout for 70 years only to get tempted into one sin and be tortured forever for it no?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2017, 12:55 PM

Some lore taken from Job, Genesis, Psalms, II & III Enoch, the Midrash, and the Talmud.

ha satan = The Adversary, God's "prosecutor".
"Lucifer" = A powerful angel who rebelled against God and was exiled, taking 1/3rd of the heavenly host with them.

The first has an official function within the Hosts and is situationally granted divine power to tempt and manipulate mankind. The second has no divine power, only masterful lies and illusions, and works outside the direct will of Elohim (along with his angels and the shedeem, who torment and possess the unsanctified).

Modern Christianity largely gets it all wrong, lumping the two together, and most Jews simply don't study their own traditions any longer.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2017, 01:02 PM

The common version of Satan doesn't make a lot of sense.
He was god's favourite son and right hand guy, they developed political differences and he tries to stage a coup. The coup fails and he is eternally banished to rule in hell. So far, so sensical.
Going from captain of the angels to most evil entity in the universe is a heck of a political swing but its his new job thats weird:

He punishes the other evil doers, torturing their souls in hell. If he just stayed there and let them come to him this would be ok, but apparently he gets all over the place tempting people to become evil in the first place. Maybe he isn't punishing them for the sins he tricks them into. Maybe he's punishing them for when they were good. So he finds good people he wants to get even with, tricks them into sinning so he can have them. This makes way more sense. Now if this is the case, your best bet for a comfortable eternity might be to be as evil as you can from day one until you die. If you're never good then Satan won't want to punish you and you'll get to be one of his crew in hell. Way easier than being devout for 70 years only to get tempted into one sin and be tortured forever for it no?
Where in the Bible does it say Satan will punish sinners? Satan, The Beast, and the False Prophet will be cast into the lake of fire. Kinda hard to be punishing sinners from there.
Catholic Answers Magazine What is Hell?-Tim Staples
Answering Objections and Questions

1. The Bible Does Not Teach "Hell" - At Least, Not as an Eternal Hell

The truth is: Most of what we know of Hell and its eternity comes from the very lips of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And he uses terms that are unequivocal. Pope St. John Paul II, in his book, “Crossing the Threshold of Hope,” pg. 185, says it succinctly:

… the words of Christ are unequivocal. In Matthew’s gospel [Christ] speaks clearly of those who will go to eternal punishment (cf. Matt. 25:46).

The CCC 1035 concurs:

The teaching of the Church affims the existence of Hell and its eternity.

Most importantly, Scripture itself could hardly be clearer:

In Revelation 20:10, St. John describes Hell ("the lake of fire," more specifically) in relation to the Devil and the False Prophet of the end times in terms difficult to misunderstand:

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Then, in Revelation 20:14-15, St. John again mentions this same "lake of fire" and explicitly and specifically declares that humans will go to the same place—and that means "for ever and ever."

This is the second death, the lake of fire; and if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown in the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 says it as well and includes all those who die in mortal sin:

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

In Matthew 25:41 and 46, Jesus says just as heaven represents eternal life, Hell represents eternal punishment:

Then he will say to those at his left hand, “Depart from me, you cursed, in to the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels…
And they [the unrighteous] will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Matthew 13:41-42, 47-50:

The son of man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep aand gnash their teeth...

So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 26, 2017, 03:48 PM

If you notice I said "common version" not biblical version.
I was secretly hoping Chongo would chip in with something more official but when I ask explicitly he tends not to.
I would have preferred more about the devil rather than hell though to be honest.

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet were
The Devil, the beast and the false prophet sounds like some kind of 'Unholy Trinity'
( Last edited by Waragainstsleep; Feb 26, 2017 at 10:48 PM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 26, 2017, 03:53 PM

Unholy Trinity
They're opening for God Vomit next weekend.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 26, 2017, 04:56 PM

I think it should be expected someone who isn't a politician will encounter a learning curve when it comes to running the government of a superpower.

That said, I think it's fair to expect a businessman to understand how a budget works.
Well said. I'm sure it takes even politicians some time to hit their stride as well.

The constant lies about stupid things not worth lying about and so many of his antics seems more wilful rather than learning curve related though.

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 26, 2017, 06:43 PM

This seems strictly a failure to critically evaluate a claim.

Made more notable his background should have prepared him to do so.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2017, 07:15 PM

If you notice I said "common version" not biblical version.
I was secretly hoping Chongo would chip in with something more official but when I ask explicitly he tends not to.
I would have preferred more about the devil rather than hell though to be honest.
More official the the Catechism of the Catholic Church? (CCC). That is what Tim Staples is citing.

The Devil, the beast and the false prophet ounds like some kind of 'Unholy Trinity'
DING DING DING! That's the Devil's counterfeit.
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 26, 2017, 10:30 PM

More official the the Catechism of the Catholic Church? (CCC). That is what Tim Staples is citing.
I meant you'd chip in with something more official than my mainstream Hollywood version, which you did. Thanks.
Who's Tim Staples?

DING DING DING! That's the Devil's counterfeit.
I had never heard it. Thanks again.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2017, 10:36 PM

I meant you'd chip in with something more official than my mainstream Hollywood version, which you did. Thanks.
Who's Tim Staples?

I had never heard it. Thanks again.
https://www.catholic.com/profile/tim-staples
Tim Staples is Director of Apologetics and Evangelization here at Catholic Answers, but he was not always Catholic. Tim was raised a Southern Baptist. Although he fell away from the faith of his childhood, Tim came back to faith in Christ during his late teen years through the witness of Christian televangelists. Soon after, Tim joined the Marine Corps.

During his four-year tour, he became involved in ministry with various Assemblies of God communities. Immediately after his tour of duty, Tim enrolled in Jimmy Swaggart Bible College and became a youth minister in an Assembly of God community. During his final year in the Marines, however, Tim met a Marine who really knew his faith and challenged Tim to study Catholicism from Catholic and historical sources. That encounter sparked a two-year search for the truth. Tim was determined to prove Catholicism wrong, but he ended up studying his way to the last place he thought he would ever end up: the Catholic Church!

He converted to Catholicism in 1988 and spent the following six years in formation for the priesthood, earning a degree in philosophy from St. Charles Borromeo Seminary in Overbrook, Pennsylvania. He then studied theology on a graduate level at Mount St. Mary’s Seminary in Emmitsburg, Maryland, for two years. Realizing that his calling was not to the priesthood, Tim left the seminary in 1994 and has been working in Catholic apologetics and evangelization ever since.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2017, 11:57 AM

Another call to use the "dark arts"
Lana Del Rey using witchcraft to rid the world of Donald Trump | The Independent
A representative for Del Rey confirmed to Pitchfork that the singer-songwriter’s tweet was in reference to the occult rituals.

The necessary ‘ingredients’ have previously been revealed to be "an unflattering photograph of Donald Trump,” a bowl of water, a Tower tarot card, and a "tiny stub of an orange candle.” According to those participating in the ritual, they will not cease until Trump is finally out of power.
45/47

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Feb 27, 2017, 12:27 PM

They're opening for God Vomit next weekend.
Sick callback.

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Feb 27, 2017, 01:02 PM

you don't want to alienate or piss off the crucial wiccan demographic!
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 27, 2017, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Sick callback.
He spews them from time to time

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 27, 2017, 01:19 PM

We all need a break from my collateral damage every now and again.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 27, 2017, 01:24 PM

*record scratch*

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 27, 2017, 01:32 PM

*record scratch*
Yeah... that's me.

I bet you're wondering how I got here.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Feb 27, 2017, 01:54 PM

Ok, this is clearly a joke. I mean, really- a tower card and a tiny stub of an orange candle. Someone at the Onion is kicking themselves for not writing it.

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 27, 2017, 01:56 PM

That site cast a spell which made my phone shit the bed.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 27, 2017, 04:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJhpQHuLQgI

Is it just me, or do the "witches" with super-generic American accents kind of take away from the mystic vibes?

In my head, they'd all need to sound more like Queen Bavmorda.
( Last edited by Jawbone54; Feb 27, 2017 at 10:55 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2017, 04:39 PM

The only "jokes" here are the SJW wingnuts who are relying on witchcraft to change the political landscape.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 27, 2017, 05:06 PM

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2017, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
The only "jokes" here are the SJW wingnuts who are relying on witchcraft to change the political landscape.
It reminded me of this episode of the "Twilight Zone"

"Let it be put in hallowed ground"
( Last edited by Chongo; Feb 27, 2017 at 07:49 PM. )
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 27, 2017, 09:56 PM

Except it will have if Pence creates his witch hunter bureau or whatever its going to be called. If only a little.

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 27, 2017, 11:30 PM

OreoCookie
Feb 27, 2017, 11:46 PM

Ok, that's it, I give up: I have lost the ability to distinguish Donald Trump's tweets from spoofs.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 28, 2017, 12:29 AM

Pretty sure the font gives away its from a fake Trump tweet generator.

OreoCookie
Feb 28, 2017, 01:16 AM

Pretty sure the font gives away its from a fake Trump tweet generator.
I am only using Twitter clients with their own fonts, so I didn't pick up on that. And it wasn't long, but I have to admit, I thought it was genuine for a split second or two.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

andi*pandi
Feb 28, 2017, 12:36 PM

It is very easy to fake twitter screengrabs. No Photoshop required.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 28, 2017, 08:04 PM

Donald Trump's attorney general said Tuesday the Justice Department will limit its use of a tactic employed aggressively under President Obama — suing police departments for violating the civil rights of minorities.
"There's no proof Trump is racist" you say.

"How much differently would a racist administration act" I ask.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2017, 08:46 PM

^^^

Indeed.

OAW

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 1, 2017, 12:22 AM

Donald Trump creates Voice agency to publish list of crimes by immigrants | The Independent
The agency is expected to publish a weekly list of all crimes committed by what it terms "aliens". That does not seem to refer only to undocumented migrants – suggesting that anyone who has moved to the US could find their name on the public list.
"There's no proof Trump is racist" you say.

"How much differently would a racist administration act" I ask.
Meanwhile the White House has been mum about the Kentucky fellow who shot two Indians he thought were Iranians.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2017, 12:24 AM

Well to be fair Trump mentioned it in the befinning of his speech tonight. But what he did NOT do was have the family of those victims who were killed by this racist redneck sitting in the audience. Quite unlike how he had the families of those killed undocumented immigrants. That was not a coincidence.

OAW

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 1, 2017, 02:03 PM

Again, I'm impressed he mentioned it on that big a stage.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 1, 2017, 02:04 PM

So, given the media is fawning over his presidential performance it should be interesting to see if Trumps approval spikes or remains consistent. No prediction here.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2017, 03:33 PM

Except it will have if Pence creates his witch hunter bureau or whatever its going to be called. If only a little.
Citation or just wishful thinking?

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2017, 05:50 PM

Citation or just wishful thinking?
Just a little joke.

Mike Pence Promises To Create The Department Of Anti-Witchcraft

Forum Links
Forum Rules