Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Using a 12" rev.B in Germany?

Using a 12" rev.B in Germany?
chrikenn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2004, 03:25 PM

I have a 12" rev.B powerbook that I bought in the states and I am leaving on Thursday to go to Germany for 2 months. Do I need any special power transformers or voltage converters to use my PB over there, or do I only need the adapter that allows me to plug my powercord into their wall outlets?

Thanks,
Chris

bkb
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2004, 04:07 PM

You only need the adapter. The voltage transformer is built into the power unit.

Apple sells a World Traveller Adapter Kit which you can plug into the power unit directly. I recommend you get this if you can spare the $39. That way, you will unlikely find yourself without a local adapter, wherever you go.

BKB.
PBG4/12"/1GHz/1.25GB/60GB//SD/APX/10.3

john2710
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2004, 04:17 PM

I live next to germany. It`s enough to buy a standars EU cable which cost around 1USD. You can buy it in Germany in almoust every store.

beachmark
Forum Regular
May 4, 2004, 08:10 PM

Save yourself about 30 odd dollars by buying a wall plug adapter in a store in germany. not only can you use it for your powerbook but as well for all your other rechargable equipment.
g.r.e.e.t.i.n.g.s
mark ®
hanging out in san francisco - wellington - cape town (or in between)
Powerbook 17 inch MacOS 10.4.3Eng • Palm E2 • Motorola Razr • iPod Flash 1Gb • iPod mini 2nd-4Gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules