Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Why when laptop is using screen, issues with mouse?

Why when laptop is using screen, issues with mouse?
kevs
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2015, 10:25 PM

I have no problem with the laptop with it's on trackpad. but with my screen and mouse attached, for some reason, Firefox hide, wont hide, command H does not work, and the right clicker wont backtrack on websites. Very puzzled. With the Same mouse these things perform fine on my desktop, but not with my laptop and a screen. thanks.

ibook_steve
Dec 18, 2015, 06:24 PM

Can you specify which laptop you have, what OS you're on, what monitor you're using and how it's connected, and what mouse? There's very little info here to help.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 18, 2015, 10:45 PM

Thanks Steve, mac book air, about 3 years old, just installed Capitan, $100 off brand monitor and a Logitech mouse. Monitor connected with vga cord.

reader50
Administrator
Dec 18, 2015, 11:04 PM

Pull up your Mouse and Keyboard system prefs with the mystery mouse plugged in. Take screen shots, or jot down the settings. The settings may be different between the laptop+mouse, and the desktop+mouse.

Are you using an external keyboard on the laptop, along with the mouse? Firefox may have noticed it is on a laptop, and is only watching the built-in keyboard, and the built-in trackpad.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 18, 2015, 11:28 PM

Thanks Reader, well the keyboard is external, old G4 white, yet that issue seems to have resolved out of the blue. Good luck from the thread?

Have Steer mouse and jiggered the setting back and forth, and it seems to have resolved for now. thanks!

mindwaves
Dec 20, 2015, 04:34 AM

I had a similar issue before just before I was traveling. I found out that it was because I left my BT mouse in my bag (still on) with the mouse button being constantly pressed against something in my bag. That made my Mac not be able to do anything, except to use the trackpad. I could see the cursor move, but nothing would click. The solution is to turn off the mouse before putting it inside the bag!

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2015, 08:15 PM

Thanks Mind, mine is a old fashioned corded logitech, so I think it's always off traveling. interesting.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 22, 2015, 07:36 PM

How is your screen connected to the laptop?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2015, 08:07 PM

Cable VGA Cord GH, but think it self resolved for now, yet may come back....who knows.

Forum Links
Forum Rules