Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > New DCs - How to get airport/bt?

New DCs - How to get airport/bt?
rslifka
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2005, 10:15 PM

- $200 rebate on NEW PowerMacs until 11/8
- $30 your first purchase with an Amazon.com VISA
- 5% on select electronics (incl PowerMacs) to max $100 for a limited time only (not specified on their page) code is SAVECUSTAPPR.
- When you use your Amazon.com VISA you get a 3% reward at Amazon. So $2000x3 = 6000 pts = 2 GCs (5000 pts) = $50 in Amazon.com GCs after this billing cycle.

Just scored a PowerMac DC 2.0 for $1999 - $330 = $1669 (free shipping)

Pretty darn good deal I think!

Rob
( Last edited by rslifka; Oct 29, 2005 at 03:55 AM. )

hardcat1970
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2005, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by rslifka
I'd like to order the dual code 2.0 from Amazon as it's got a $200 rebate going. Of course you sacrifice the BTO options, like the additional 128MB of video RAM for $40, etc.

My big problem is the Airport/Bluetooth option. It's $99 from Apple and is currently a BTO option. Amazon doesn't offer it on their DC 2.0, so how am I supposed to get it installed? It's not an after market option on the Apple site, so for all I know it could be $300 if I want an Apple Store to do it.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Rob
i saved the $200 bucks from apple when i configured a bto option through my wife's educational discount since she is attending a college. Maybe you can ask someone who is still in a college to do it for you. Otherwise i can't see how it is going to work out for you. Maybe you can try other mac resellers like macmall which they offer free stuff and i heard that you can negotiate with the sales person too.

hardcat1970
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2005, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by rslifka
I'd like to order the dual code 2.0 from Amazon as it's got a $200 rebate going. Of course you sacrifice the BTO options, like the additional 128MB of video RAM for $40, etc.

My big problem is the Airport/Bluetooth option. It's $99 from Apple and is currently a BTO option. Amazon doesn't offer it on their DC 2.0, so how am I supposed to get it installed? It's not an after market option on the Apple site, so for all I know it could be $300 if I want an Apple Store to do it.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Rob
i saved the $200 bucks from apple when i configured a bto option through my wife's educational discount since she is attending a college. Maybe you can ask someone who is still in a college to do it for you. Otherwise i can't see how it is going to work out for you. Maybe you can try other mac resellers like macmall which they offer free stuff and i heard that you can negotiate with the sales person too.

rslifka  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2005, 10:30 PM

I just got off the phone with the Apple Store in Santa Clara. They charge the same as Apple.com ($99) and will install it for you if you buy it from them.

Cool deal man. I can save a bundle buying from Amazon.

Rob

jaysones
Oct 29, 2005, 10:50 AM

Check with your employer too. I work for the world's largest publishing house and we get an employee discount with Apple. I believe it's called the EPP (Employee Purchase Program). In any case, I saved hundreds on my Quad order. This discount can be applied toward non-Apple products sold in their stores too, but it's a smaller percentage. If I recall correctly, it's 8% off Apple branded products, 4% off anything else they sell.

Forum Links
Forum Rules