Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > macs in uk tv

macs in uk tv
Jacque Lee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2001, 06:33 AM

there are several shows using macs on the uk.

one being the weekend watchdog, which is packed with all flavours of imacs, the other is, if i remember correctly its the priory, where there is a g3 powerbook.

also several tv ads and cinema ads which u see them in the background. eg filmfour cinema ad, u see a snow imac

Wattsy
May 16, 2001, 11:07 AM

Jonathan Ross now has a TiPB on his desk in Film 2001. In the previous series there was a B&W G3 and a matching 15" LCD monitor. I noticed that for the present series the Mac had given way to some generic looking PC laptop. Unlike many on these boards I am no Mac fascist but I was rather glad last week to see the crappy looking PC laptop replaced by the 'tobacco tin' PowerBook.

neilnet
Dedicated MacNNer
May 16, 2001, 12:19 PM

I also recall that a while back Graham Norton had a 15" Studio display which was always clearly visible. Unfortunately it showed Windows running. Having said this though he's now replaced it with a Sony TFT.

Also, I have to confess that I've seen Children's TV, and on CITV it shows a B&W studio display, all the time.

And that's not forgetting the TiBook shown on the coffee table of teh new L'oreal add.

A while back, on Dawson's creek it also showed young dawson working on a G4 tower connected to a Studio display. The Apple sign was hard to miss! Oh yeah, and in the background there was a Blueberry iMac DV

Neil
I no longer have a signature.

Jacque Lee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2001, 12:18 PM

again on uk tv an a series whose name i can remember.....

its about new tech and future trends on just about everything from medicine, cars computers

they have an apple lcd displaying a baby swimming

Forum Links
Forum Rules