Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > anyone use a moxi dvr?

anyone use a moxi dvr?
ph0ust
Senior User
Jan 3, 2010, 11:44 PM

i am thinking of dropping the cable provider's dvr and going with a third party. tivo seems a bit limited, so i was reading about moxi. they seem to be embracing more open standards and apps, but their ui seems like it sucks. they do appear to make updates often, have a multi-room solution and even appear to be able to replace the apple tv by connecting to my mac.

any thoughts from users? is this thing a good option? thanks.

ibook_steve
Jan 4, 2010, 03:06 PM

Moxi actually released a product? I had no idea. I thought they were the kings of vaporware.

In any case, why is Tivo "limiting?" I've had my DirecTV Tivo boxes now for at least 7 years and I'll never get anything else. They are still SD, unfortunately, but hopefully DTV's renewal of working with Tivo will produce a dual tuner HD DirecTivo soon.

In any case, the existing Tivo boxes are good as they are for cable. What's wrong with them?

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

ph0ust  (op)
Senior User
Jan 8, 2010, 01:25 PM

moxi has had products out for several years.

i want apps. i have a directv dvr. i may or may not stay with directv, as it kind of sucks in my opinion. service is interrupted all the time if it snows. but as i said, i really want to get things like netflix on my dvr. i may look at the new popcorn hour product just announced, but i hate having like 5 things around the tv..... moxi looks like it is pretty cool.

Forum Links
Forum Rules