Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Your pics for AFC & NFC titles? ...

Your pics for AFC & NFC titles? ...
cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 17, 2006, 10:47 AM

I'm rooting for the Steelers to take it all!

I'm mainly a Bills fan, no more needs to be said about that. ;-)

Err, make that "picks".

Chris
http://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/
( Last edited by cmeisenzahl; Jan 18, 2006 at 07:37 AM. )

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jan 17, 2006, 11:03 AM

This Bills fan thinks that as long as Shaun is healthy (and can find his helmet!), Seattle can't be stopped this year! I'd like to see how speedy Steve Smith is on soggy Seattle turf....

Denver vs. Pittsburgh will be a tough call. But if Ben plays as well next week as he did this week, I think the Steelers will win. I definitely think the Steelers will prevail against the spread, the last I checked Denver was favored by 4.

cmeisenzahl  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 17, 2006, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dork.
This Bills fan thinks that as long as Shaun is healthy (and can find his helmet!), Seattle can't be stopped this year! I'd like to see how speedy Steve Smith is on soggy Seattle turf....
Hey, another Rochester Bills fan! How about 64 degrees on Friday, and snow on Saturday!?! ;-)

DarwinX
Jan 17, 2006, 11:38 AM

Pittsburgh vs. Denver is going to be a knock down 15 round heavyweight fight in my opinion. If they play at the same level they have Ben, I believe they will beat Denver at home. Needless to say, Denver will have a great scheme in place to find itself in it's first SuperBowl without Elway.

As long as Seattle does its best to CONTAIN Steve Smith, I believe Seattle should be able to win.

It has been two great weeks of football, I hope this weekend isn't any different.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jan 17, 2006, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by cmeisenzahl
Hey, another Rochester Bills fan! How about 64 degrees on Friday, and snow on Saturday!?! ;-)
Our winter has been generally mild so far. Which means that March will be filled with ice.

I'm a NYC transplant, though I've gotten used to the weather here. And the fact that in the summer, it stays light until 9:30! Oddly enough, I was a Bills fan even while living in NYC. The Bills-Giants Super Bowl happened when I was in High School. Luckily, I did not have much money riding on it, or else I'd probably still be paying some of it off!

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2006, 12:33 PM

I assume you mean "picks" Seattle is going to have a tough time if Alexander play, but I think they can beat Carolina. Just stop Steve Smith and you're done. Denver/Pitt is going to be a great game. That one's a tough one to call, but I'm going to go with Denver, who I'm pulling for to win the Super Bowl as well.

teney7
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 17, 2006, 01:12 PM

My dad, believe it or not, grew up in Rochester and loves the Bills.

Carolina and Denver will win in two close games. Seattle has not enough playoff experience, Pittsburgh will run out of gas about halfway through the game.. I don't think they can play with the same emotion and intensity that they had last week.
Switched 7/7/05
12'' PowerBook G4 with AirPort Express, still goin' strong

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2006, 04:29 PM

Doesn't really matter to me now at all.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by cmeisenzahl
I'm rooting for the Steelers to take it all!
that a guy

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2006, 12:19 AM

My worst fears are beginning to materialize. The Broncos in the championship game. I would love for the Steelers to beat them, but the chances of that happening are slim. If there is a God, please keep the Broncos out of the superbowl, or if the Broncos do go to the superbowl, please let them be humilated.

And on the other side, the Seahawks will take the NFC.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2006, 12:46 AM

This post season has been amazing! Blown calls, stupid plays, great touchdowns and Seattle is STILL IN!

I've been a wounded Seahawks fan since I was little, Dave Craig killed me many a game. He was the interception and fumble king. He has the record for the second most fumbles in the NFL's history, even had 6 in one game once!

Gregg
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rev-O
My worst fears are beginning to materialize. The Broncos in the championship game. I would love for the Steelers to beat them, but the chances of that happening are slim. If there is a God, please keep the Broncos out of the superbowl, or if the Broncos do go to the superbowl, please let them be humilated.

And on the other side, the Seahawks will take the NFC.

If you're a Packers fan, and make as much money as I do, I'll trade jobs with you and move back to Colorado! I'm a fish out of water here. Even with the 4-12 record, it's all Packers, all the time. We have News, Weather and Packers on TV and the Radio has it's Sport report - well the Packers and whoever they played or are going to play...

I'm hoping Denver's defense will perform as well against Pittsburgh as it did against New England. No, they didn't need that bad call to win the game.
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2006, 02:26 PM

I'm a Broncos fan. I have been since 1977. I've been through four Super Bowl losses to get to the two wins. (You Bills fans know what four losses is like.)

I think the Steelers are going to give the Broncos a good run. It's going to be a war. But, Denver is very strong at home. And you know the 12th man is going to be a factor. Besides, it is VERY hard to win three road playoff games in a row.

Both the Broncos and Steelers have been overlooked for the entire season. It's been all about the Colts. All about the Dynasty of the Patriots. Well, we know how all that worked out.

How the Steelers could be overlooked by anyone is amazing. They went 15-1 last year and 12-4 this year. Ben just doesn't seem to lose!

And the Broncos have had the 4th most difficult schedule in football and gone 13-3 in the process. After losing to the Dolphins in week 1, they've been in every single game, and should have won the two other games they lost.

My pick: Denver 31 - Pittsburgh 21 - regardless, whoever wins this game will be the favorite to win the Super Bowl.

Steve Smith has got to be the most exciting player in football right now. And I can't see how the Bears left him to gain 200+ yards. Without Foster, they had to know that Smith was the game plan.

Shawn Alexander is the MVP for a reason, but the Seahawks proved they can win without him. Unlike Foster, his injury last week is something he can come back from to play this week.

Look for the Seahawks to force the Panthers to run with Goings and pass to people other than Smith to beat them.

Seahawks 24, Panthers 17
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2006, 03:38 PM

as a fellow upstate new yorker, i feel like i should chime in. i'm a jets fan, but we don't have to talk about that. don't know why, but the bills just don't do it for me. i think i'm becoming a steelers fan, and i'll be damned if i can figure out why exactly that is.

i think seattle can contain smith and take the win. the steelers game is the one i'm looking forward to. i think that the bus and company can manage, but it'll be one hell of a fight.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 18, 2006, 06:00 PM

Carolina Panthers

The south's gonna rise again.

far200
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2006, 10:24 PM

I going with carolina to beat seattle and denver to beat pittsburgh.......

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jan 18, 2006, 11:41 PM

Denver and Seattle, with Carolina having a slightly better shot than Pittsburgh of pulling an upset

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2006, 11:53 PM

Go Bills!

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 19, 2006, 02:39 AM

"I'll pick AFC titties for $200."

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Forum Links