Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > All iPhone e-mails displaying as black boxes

All iPhone e-mails displaying as black boxes
No Time 4 Love Dr. Jones
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2009, 01:06 AM

This has happened sometime in the past couple of days, all of my incoming e-mail displays the headers and subject lines, but the content is always a black box.

I'd like to pick some brains on why this might be happening before I do a restore.
Mac mini (2009) / 4 GB / 320 GB 7200 RPM / Dell 2407WFP

QSilver
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 29, 2009, 02:05 PM

Happens on occasion to me, too. Seems like it happens most often when the data connection is slow (I have an original iPhone). I've never needed to do a restore to resolve this particular issue.

Three things seem to help:
  1. Wait a minute or two, and then try to access the message again.
  2. Try to scroll down in the message. Even if it looks like there is nothing to scroll to, sometimes the display will refresh and show the message.
  3. Try going to Safari and pull up a new page. Someimes by loading some other data, it clears the "logjam" in Mail.

seandavid010
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2009, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by QSilver View Post
[*]Try going to Safari and pull up a new page. Someimes by loading some other data, it clears the "logjam" in Mail.[/LIST]
+1 for #3. This happened to me twice, and opening up Safari and then going back to Mail fixed it nicely.

Forum Links
Forum Rules