Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Micro Connectors Keyboard

Micro Connectors Keyboard
venom600
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2006, 08:37 PM

I am in the process of replacing my Logitech Elite keyboard because of a mishap with a glass of water. I decided that my next keyboard should be mechanical, and I have been looking around for options. The Matias Tactile Pro isn't an option because it seems to have some issues with modifier keys and I hate white keyboards.

A small company called Deck makes a nice one, but they are very expensive and I don't care for backlighting. One option I read about was the old Micro Connectors keyboards. I found a few leftover new ones at Buy.com (blueberry color), and I wanted to know what everyone thought of them. The price is right, but I don't want to get stuck with a poorly made item. Anyone?

Bwa
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 24, 2006, 02:46 AM

If I were to find any of these in a store, I'd buy all of them.

Hell, you make me want to drive down to Pomona and find the Best Buy.

I had one (bought in 2001) and wore it out. I've worn out a lot of keyboards; the construction was decent though not spectacular--probably similiar to the Logitech Elite you have now. I've worn out three Elites :-)

The Micro Connector click was awesome!

I'm now using a Tactile Pro. No real issues, though like you, I don't like white keyboards. Sometimes I find the Tactile Pro a bit tiring to use.

Anyway, I'd definitely buy the Micro Connectors and maybe get one or two spaces. They were $49 new, IIRC.

venom600  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2006, 07:12 AM

Well, you've definitely convinced me to get this Micro Connectors board. Not a fan of Blueberry, but it's nothing a little black spray paint can't cure. Also, I didn't find the keyboard at a Best Buy, I found it at Buy.com, hiding in plain sight. Now that I have ordered a couple, you can have the link to get yours. :-) They also have grape up, but it is $53.99 for some reason.

Blueberry: http://www.buy.com/prod/Micro_Connec.../10305282.html

Grape: http://www.buy.com/prod/Micro_Connec.../10305949.html

Bwa
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 24, 2006, 11:48 AM

Wow, thanks! :-)

SpinCycle
Forum Regular
Jan 24, 2006, 11:24 PM

I actually got the Tactile Pro keyboard and returned it .. the keys are WAY too loud. much louder than the Apple Extended keyboard in my opinion. -p

venom600  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2006, 02:57 AM

Meh, I wear headphones while I work.

Bwa
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 25, 2006, 04:31 AM

The noise from the Tactile Pro makes me feel like I'm being *really* productive when I use it.

It is definitely louder than the both the Apple Extended Keyboard and the Apple Extended Keyboard II.

venom600  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 30, 2006, 09:03 PM

FedEx just dropped it off! Aside from the color it is perfect. It feels a lot like my Elite, only much more crisp. I highly recommend it. For the price, you are unlikely to find anything better. The color is nothing a can of black spray paint can't solve. Thanks for the info guys.

Forum Links
Forum Rules